Set up Mistking v5?

Pull the tube. Make a new clean and square cut. Push the tubing in so it fully seats against the bulkhead.
You could get away with dropping it in a jug . But yeah, algae will start to grow. And you'll have to top off the jug constantly.
You could also reverse the bulkhead....
I have never had one of those fittings be bad, and I have used a LOT over the years. Even the cheap Chinese have never leaked. It has always been an issue with the tubing .

Pull the tube. Make a new clean and square cut. Push the tubing in so it fully seats against the bulkhead.
You could get away with dropping it in a jug . But yeah, algae will start to grow. And you'll have to top off the jug constantly.
You could also reverse the bulkhead....
I have never had one of those fittings be bad, and I have used a LOT over the years. Even the cheap Chinese have never leaked. It has always been an issue with the tubing .
Ok I’ll try that thank you, I have a massive headache so I think I’m gonna take a break after this and do some more research

Ok I’ll try that thank you, I have a massive headache so I think I’m gonna take a break after this and do some more research
Ya, it does get frustrating at times .
I am redoing my system today, running probably close to 200ft of tubing and putting a second system on the enclosures, and a third on my Quad.
But it is worth it !!

Ya, it does get frustrating at times .
I am redoing my system today, running probably close to 200ft of tubing and putting a second system on the enclosures, and a third on my Quad.
But it is worth it !!
Yeah it does, another question how do I push it all the way in? I pulled it out and it only went in a little bit I keep pushing it and pushing the thing down then pushing but it won’t go farther

Interesting.
Did you try to remove it before you figured out how to push in the collar to release it?

One thing you could try is pulling the bulkhead out of the bucket and try inserting the tubing. Sometimes it is easier than having to push against the [somewhat] flexible bucket. I've not seen a fitting like this leak where the tubing is all the way in, usually find that I didn't quite get it.

Yes only once though, I recut it after it was out too.
I suppose , in theory, you could have messed up the fitting.
But it would take one helluva tugging to do that. They are made to withstand very high pressure
Like 100 psi or something.
Maybe push on the fitting inside the reservoir while pushing the tube in.
Once in a while I have the same problem you're having, but if I recut the tube it solves the problem.

I suppose , in theory, you could have messed up the fitting.
But it would take one helluva tugging to do that. They are made to withstand very high pressure
Like 100 psi or something.
Maybe push on the fitting inside the reservoir while pushing the tube in.
Once in a while I have the same problem you're having, but if I recut the tube it solves the problem.
I don’t think it was me, I’m not exactly strong but who knows, if it doesn’t work out I’ll buy a new one.

Yeah, they only have the v4 version. I thought that maybe I misplaced it or it was somewhere in one of the packets but I checked EVERYWHERE and I came up with nothing. So this is my last hope.
For the record, I received mine about a month ago and am just putting it together. I can verify it comes with ZERO instructions. Such an unfortunate thing as the pieces are delicate, and I have no idea which piece goes where.

For the record, I received mine about a month ago and am just putting it together. I can verify it comes with ZERO instructions. Such an unfortunate thing as the pieces are delicate, and I have no idea which piece goes where.
I’m waiting for a peice to be sent, I contacted them about the instructions and stuff and they helped me. The bulk head leaked so I turned it the other way they said it’d be ok. They also offered to send me the broken piece which was great! If you need help you can PM me, my setup is complete I just need that piece. The only thing different is the filter and timer so you can just watch YouTube videos for the rest.

I’m waiting for a peice to be sent, I contacted them about the instructions and stuff and they helped me. The bulk head leaked so I turned it the other way they said it’d be ok. They also offered to send me the broken piece which was great! If you need help you can PM me, my setup is complete I just need that piece. The only thing different is the filter and timer so you can just watch YouTube videos for the rest.
That's extremely helpful, and thank you to everyone on this thread for the tips and tricks regarding the bulkhead. I'll keep you posted how it goes.

That seems odd that it wouldn't come with instructions. Makes me wonder if it might have been a return or something (not tnhat there's anything inherently wrong with that). Regardless, every instruction sheet they have is always available & printable on their site.

Last edited:
....I have never had one of those fittings be bad, and I have used a LOT over the years. Even the cheap Chinese have never leaked. It has always been an issue with the tubing .
I guess I jinxed myself lol
Had a bad MK fitting yesterday.
Guess it had to happen sooner or later .

Where does the filter go? I can't quite figure that out.

It goes inside the bucket of water, on the backside of the bulkhead fitting.

51044658721_a41c346129_b.jpg

It's pretty straightforward. Install the bulkhead, a section of ro tubing from the reservoir to the pump, and your water line from the pump to the misting head.
Key points among the way-
-If using a plastic container (like most of us are), try to drill the hole on the flattest part of the container. The flatter, the less of a chance of leakage.
make the hole as clean as possible. A stepped drill bit works extremely well for this if you have one. If you do not, just take your time. I seem to have better luck working my way up to the final hole size as opposed to just drilling the final hole size from the beginning. Either way, once finished, clean up the hole and remove any plastic burrs so the hole is as smooth as possible.
Regarding the supplied filter, it's attached to the side of the bulkhead inside the reservoir with a piece of ro tubing. If you use it, try to have the filter mounted so it's parallel to the bottom of the reservoir. If you drill the bulkhead through the side, just a piece of tubing will work. If you drill through the bottom, you probably will want to put a 90 between the bulkhead and the fitting. Use a piece of tubing long enough so you can easily remove the filter when it starts to clog (and it WILL clog. In a few weeks, when you notice your mist isn't as strong as it used to be, most likely it will be because of the clogged filter.) The filter also unscrews from the fitting base, if that is an easier way for you to remove it.
-It is best to have the pump BELOW the bottom of the reservoir. (Think of the water draining into the pump). This will make it much easier to get the pump primed initially.
-Be sure to follow the arrow on the pump pertaining to the direction of the water through the pump. If installed backwards, the pump will be trying to push air from the mister line into the reservoir.
-Avoid any sharp bends in the tubing. If the turn is too sharp, cut the line and install a 90° fitting.
-Remove the plastic cover from the misting head ONCE INSTALLED into the cage. They produce an extremely fine mist, and accidentally bumping/dropping the nozzle will pretty much ruin it . They take the time to put those protective covers on the heads for a reason! :)
-Make sure any tubing is FULLY pushed it the the fittings! When you have the tubing inserted into the fitting, give a very hard push. The tube should push in around another quarter inch, and yes, most of the time it will feel like you are pushing too hard. But you're not.
Once up and running, the pump has a lot of pressure that creates vibration in the water line. Depending on your setup, it may be "slapping " the side of your cage. This can be corrected by fastening the line down. You can use the supplied tubing clips for this. But to use the clips, you have to drill into the cage frame to atach the clips with the supplied screws. I have used miniature (the smallest they make) Command hooks in the past with success. Attach the hooks to the frame of the cage, and use 4" zip ties to attach the ro tubing to the hooks. Though not as effective as the supplied clips, it doesn't require any drilling. (I have Reptibreeze cages. On other styles of enclosures, YMMV.)
One of the few beefs I have with MK is the timers. They are pretty rudimentary. It's a slow process to set them up, and to make changes to your misting schedule. The instructions provided online are pretty easy to follow. They do not automatically correct for DST. And i wish there was a "countdown" mode to manually mist, instead of having to stand there and hold the override button down. Gets pretty boting after about 30 seconds. However, they will hold the time and your program if you lose power or unplug the unit for a time. Not sure just how long that time frame is though.
Hope this helps. Good luck and don't be intimidated!
wait how do you make it manually mist I cannot figure that out
edit: nvm found it lol

It's pretty straightforward. Install the bulkhead, a section of ro tubing from the reservoir to the pump, and your water line from the pump to the misting head.
Key points among the way-
-If using a plastic container (like most of us are), try to drill the hole on the flattest part of the container. The flatter, the less of a chance of leakage.
make the hole as clean as possible. A stepped drill bit works extremely well for this if you have one. If you do not, just take your time. I seem to have better luck working my way up to the final hole size as opposed to just drilling the final hole size from the beginning. Either way, once finished, clean up the hole and remove any plastic burrs so the hole is as smooth as possible.
Regarding the supplied filter, it's attached to the side of the bulkhead inside the reservoir with a piece of ro tubing. If you use it, try to have the filter mounted so it's parallel to the bottom of the reservoir. If you drill the bulkhead through the side, just a piece of tubing will work. If you drill through the bottom, you probably will want to put a 90 between the bulkhead and the fitting. Use a piece of tubing long enough so you can easily remove the filter when it starts to clog (and it WILL clog. In a few weeks, when you notice your mist isn't as strong as it used to be, most likely it will be because of the clogged filter.) The filter also unscrews from the fitting base, if that is an easier way for you to remove it.
-It is best to have the pump BELOW the bottom of the reservoir. (Think of the water draining into the pump). This will make it much easier to get the pump primed initially.
-Be sure to follow the arrow on the pump pertaining to the direction of the water through the pump. If installed backwards, the pump will be trying to push air from the mister line into the reservoir.
-Avoid any sharp bends in the tubing. If the turn is too sharp, cut the line and install a 90° fitting.
-Remove the plastic cover from the misting head ONCE INSTALLED into the cage. They produce an extremely fine mist, and accidentally bumping/dropping the nozzle will pretty much ruin it . They take the time to put those protective covers on the heads for a reason! :)
-Make sure any tubing is FULLY pushed it the the fittings! When you have the tubing inserted into the fitting, give a very hard push. The tube should push in around another quarter inch, and yes, most of the time it will feel like you are pushing too hard. But you're not.
Once up and running, the pump has a lot of pressure that creates vibration in the water line. Depending on your setup, it may be "slapping " the side of your cage. This can be corrected by fastening the line down. You can use the supplied tubing clips for this. But to use the clips, you have to drill into the cage frame to atach the clips with the supplied screws. I have used miniature (the smallest they make) Command hooks in the past with success. Attach the hooks to the frame of the cage, and use 4" zip ties to attach the ro tubing to the hooks. Though not as effective as the supplied clips, it doesn't require any drilling. (I have Reptibreeze cages. On other styles of enclosures, YMMV.)
One of the few beefs I have with MK is the timers. They are pretty rudimentary. It's a slow process to set them up, and to make changes to your misting schedule. The instructions provided online are pretty easy to follow. They do not automatically correct for DST. And i wish there was a "countdown" mode to manually mist, instead of having to stand there and hold the override button down. Gets pretty boting after about 30 seconds. However, they will hold the time and your program if you lose power or unplug the unit for a time. Not sure just how long that time frame is though.
Hope this helps. Good luck and don't be intimidated!
how do you clean the filter ??

Back
Top Bottom