Server Upgrade

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Forums will be moving to a new server early this evening 8-29. While this change is necessary and should bring increased performance, it will unfortunately result in some down time. The move will take anywhere from 6-24 hours. Some members will experience additional delay due to the nature of how internet changes propagate.

Will we be able to access the chat from the home page or is there another way that we will have to do this?

There are many ways to connect to the chatroom. What will be down temporarily is the website interface to the chatroom. This interface will be down for a much shorter period of time than the forums. There will be a link posted on the website.

I think we did this in '06. If I remember correctly it took from 12-24 hours depending on where you are located. At least this time it will be during the site's least busy time, friday night and saturday.

At some point the forums will be available but you won't be able to post anything. This is because you will actually be looking at the old server and waiting for the new nameservers to propagate.

You mean I might have to actually start working on the work I am supposed to be doing for the rest of the day!?!?!:eek: lol

Back
Top Bottom