Senegal Chameleon is dying...

I think you should have lent your boyfriend the money to take his chameleon to see a vet. Asking people on a forum for help when the chameleon is seriously ill is a waste of time (waiting for replies) when only an expert vet can actually do anything. In England people can be prosecuted for not taking a sick animal to see a vet.
I am sorry the chameleon died but I do hope your boyfriend doesn't buy another one until he can afford to take care of it properly.

I think you should have lent your boyfriend the money to take his chameleon to see a vet. Asking people on a forum for help when the chameleon is seriously ill is a waste of time (waiting for replies) when only an expert vet can actually do anything. In England people can be prosecuted for not taking a sick animal to see a vet.
I am sorry the chameleon died but I do hope your boyfriend doesn't buy another one until he can afford to take care of it properly.
Yes i did offer, he found it would be too late and maybe a waste of my money, to actually find a vet and driving to fort lauderdale...and have it die there...
I cried, telling him I wouldn't want to have the "what if" in the back of my mind...
also I kept reminding him of the chameleons health and how it's health was looking grim...but the chameleon seemed he was getting better before he got to this point, so he had hope...

He won't be getting a chameleon anytime soon...especially a senegal (I even asked him why would he get the hardest one to take care of....) he feels bad enough, and I don't want to keep hassling him about what he did and what could have caused it...

Now I've got my Donnie, and I will be taking extra care of him...he's about to be 6 months and "maturing" fast...but a piece of my heart stayed with yoshi

This forum has educated me far more than I could have imagined, and I would like to thank those who truly wanted to help me

Wow. Sounds like your boyfriend had the attitude of "Well, it's probably going to die anyways so why take it to the vet", or "It'll probably get better on it's own, and even if it doesn't, it's still not worth taking to the vet".

I hope your boyfriend has some more positive personality traits that you keep him around for.

On a positive note, grats on YOUR chameleon, and hopefully your boyfriend's failure has helped you know how make your little guy healthy and prosper.

Wow. Sounds like your boyfriend had the attitude of "Well, it's probably going to die anyways so why take it to the vet", or "It'll probably get better on it's own, and even if it doesn't, it's still not worth taking to the vet".

I hope your boyfriend has some more positive personality traits that you keep him around for.

On a positive note, grats on YOUR chameleon, and hopefully your boyfriend's failure has helped you know how make your little guy healthy and prosper.

I really don't know what was going in his mind lol (trust me...I gave him a piece of my mind when this occurred...)
He's never had a reptile before...this was his first so he didn't have or learn much experience online...
but the chameleon's health plummeted quick...like out of nowhere...
probably MBD, impaction, bacteria because he only gave it calcium D3.

Right now I'm trying to now find a reputable veterinarian down in the Miami area, or Fort Lauderdale...so I can take my chameleon for a checkup.

Im sorry for lizard that you find yourselves in this predicament.
There can be no response to this thread, that I am willing to live with in good concience, other than 'take it to a vet, a.s.a.p'.

A few days ago your only concern was a yellow spot,
https://www.chameleonforums.com/chameleon-skin-problem-32444/ (and you refused to give details) now you beleive its impacted and dying? If your lizard is in serious trouble, nothing anyone here can tell you to do, other than this, is going to save it. Thats the bottom line. Your lizard, your responsibility.

'Cant afford a vet' just dosen't cut it. You, or your boyfreind, took into your possession a living creature that you had no idea how to care for, nor the willingness or means to provide care for.
I suggest strongly that either you make payment arrangements with a vet and have it diagnosed immediately,Beg borrow or steal, or surrender it into the care of somebody who can afford its requirements.

Your only other option is to make self justifications and excuses, and post about how your heart is breaking while you wait for it to die. Your choice.
My 'compassion-o-stat' tends to plummet when I read 'Can't afford a vet'. This is because too many folk are actually simply unwilling to afford a vet, rather than dont have the money, because they consider a small cheap pet, somehow 'unworthy' of the expense, especially if the vetcare will cost more than replacing the animal when it dies.

Sounds like you made your choice already and hope there never comes a 'next time'. :(

i have to agree 100%. when you take on a pet you have to think about problems that may arise in the future and if you cannot afford the bills or pay for insurance (or put vet money aside) then don't buy. i have numerous pets (mini zoo.lol) in my home and all are insured so that if something goes wrong before pay day i know they will be ok. and all of their needs are included in the weekly budget and shopping trip. it doesn't matter if it's a hamster or a horse the owner is responsible

Back
Top Bottom