Sela's kids.. 2 wks, give or take a day

Aminah Undone

I put them on the F. benjamina while I do housecleaning, so I decided to get a few shots this morning. :)

Selakids2wks003.jpg

I think this is a girl..

Selakids2wks005.jpg

..and a little fiesty boy?

Selakids2wks007.jpg

Quite a few of the whole gang. They were trying to figure out how to get to the taller F. lyrata (Fiddle Leaf Fig).

There are 13 total.

Selakids2wks008.jpg

This little monster was playing "give Mommy a heart attack" ..hiding on my head, after I counted and re-counted ..walked away.. came back ..counted and re-counted again. Gave up ..sat down, so my heart could calm down.. and she came crawling down my forehead. Little beast! :eek:

They are very aggressive with each other, but whenever I'm near, they stand up and hold their little mitts up to climb me. They just want to be on the highest point (it's instinctual), but it's really endearing. So, she probably climbed on my arm when I was close enough and just kept going. :)

That's not funny, Jann!! I don't want to keep any of them, but I'm sure I will :D

A lot of them are already spoken for, and I have a pretty good ratio of males to females.. looks like. I just have a lot on my plate and having a zoo, someone ends up being unfairly restricted due to someone else's fear or incompatibility. (My big slitherin' kids are accustomed to free ranging, too.)

If hubby gets attached any more than he already is, then maybe a larger house is in order. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom