Sela is in her lay bin.. & the Pygmies are already checkin' the food!

Aminah Undone

Sela has been here 8 days, today ...and this is the first activity I've seen in the lay bin. She's really diggin' and flingin' that stuff all over. These will be my first Cham eggs of any species, so I'm all over the emotional map :eek:

Hoping for a healthy outcome for Sela.. viable eggs would just be a bonus.

And the little Brevs I picked up this afternoon, are quickly acclimating.. checking out the food dish! Yey! Pretty sure the little female is also gravid. She's a fatty! :)

She's all done, it seems. Her belly is flat and she's covered the hole she dug and laid in, so I pray we are good. I'll feed her in the morning.. that will be the tell all sign, I think.

Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers :)

Congrats on the egg laying. I'm sure they will be awesome and vivid colors. Good to hear that the brevs are doing fine. Thanks for taking them. :)

It's probably due to being exhausted.. I think I held my breath most of the time she was laying... but I can't find any useful info on how many eggs to what size tupperware. I saw deli cups (6" ones) used, as well as, 6qt. shoe boxes. How deep should the media be? (I'll most likely use vermiculite) How many eggs in each of those sizes, though? And how many pin holes ..and where?

Also... will the eggs be okay in the lay bin, for tonight? Or do I need to get them out of there ASAP?

Marc.. thank you again, for the little guys! They are so cute and fun! I named them Telma and Luis. Telma is giving me heart failure.. climbing upside down, on everything.. with her fat little tummy. :)

It's probably due to being exhausted.. I think I held my breath most of the time she was laying... but I can't find any useful info on how many eggs to what size tupperware. I saw deli cups (6" ones) used, as well as, 6qt. shoe boxes. How deep should the media be? (I'll most likely use vermiculite) How many eggs in each of those sizes, though? And how many pin holes ..and where? I have a 10X6X6 (LXWXH) rubber maid for 14 eggs. I don't know the volume, sorry about that. But, they are about two inches away from another egg, on all sides. I have four pin holes, on each side of the container. Also, my medium is about two or three inches deep.

Also... will the eggs be okay in the lay bin, for tonight? Or do I need to get them out of there ASAP? They should be fine in there for the night. I know it is morning now, but they are probably fine in there. But you should try to get them out ASAP.

Marc.. thank you again, for the little guys! They are so cute and fun! I named them Telma and Luis. Telma is giving me heart failure.. climbing upside down, on everything.. with her fat little tummy. :)

I wrote in red to answer your questions.

These will help you also:
http://www.chameleonnews.com/03MarStrand.html
http://www.chameleonnews.com/03JulLeBerre.html

Thank you for the response, LinkinParkRulez :)

She laid 16, so a 6qt shoebox tub was perfect size for ~3" of vermiculite and ~1.5" of space between each egg. Now, to keep me sane while I wait :eek:

Thank you for the response, LinkinParkRulez :)

She laid 16, so a 6qt shoebox tub was perfect size for ~3" of vermiculite and ~1.5" of space between each egg. Now, to keep me sane while I wait :eek:

I know what you mean. My female Verrucosus just laid 14 eggs. I can't wait for the day I walk in and look in the box and see little guys walking around.

Back
Top Bottom