Seems like I’m not getting anywhere with these enclosures

GreenChameleons

Established Member
I don’t know what to do anymore...

Attachments

• B787F80B-D141-47BA-A8C3-2EAF9E7BC7CE.jpeg
    B787F80B-D141-47BA-A8C3-2EAF9E7BC7CE.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 314
You might already know this but you can use thumb tacks to secure the end of branches to the screen (for horizontal branches). Also if you're worried about the weight of potting plans on your screen or logs, you can buy some little hook screws to screw into the frame of the cage. you'll have to drill a hole in the frame first.

You might already know this but you can use thumb tacks to secure the end of branches to the screen (for horizontal branches). Also if you're worried about the weight of potting plans on your screen or logs, you can buy some little hook screws to screw into the frame of the cage. you'll have to drill a hole in the frame first.
The whole point of Strands product and enclosures is not having to use thumb tacts and I don’t know why I’m having such a difficult time with it to be honest.

I diagram my plant and branch placement like this. The letters represent branch ends. Ignore the lighting this is an old one.View attachment 214931
That’s smart @JacksJill I wished I had thought of that way before I installed the ledges because now where I installed them is making it a little more difficult to visualize and placement. Maybe one day I can be as good as Bill Strand or Dale Tamura...as well as the chameleon community that are veterans of the enclosure building process. The people on this feed as well.

As somebas you know I had bamboo for mounting plants on the sides then I got to thinking what if these chameleons decide to climb on the bamboo used to mount the plants. So since they were super smooth I took them out due to the fact Chameleons are unpredictable and will climb and potentially slip on the bamboo for the plant mounting.

As somebas you know I had bamboo for mounting plants on the sides then I got to thinking what if these chameleons decide to climb on the bamboo used to mount the plants. So since they were super smooth I took them out due to the fact Chameleons are unpredictable and will climb and potentially slip on the bamboo for the plant mounting.
Bamboo can be used but you have to sand it with really coarse sandpaper. Like 60 or 80 grit...

I really appreciate the insight of everyone one here. I have an idea of what to do but the sticks and everything is hard to find the best ones even with these thousands of sticks left from the storm. I spent 5 days on Kahlua’s enclosure and I constantly changed it before I put her in her newer setup from the enclosure that she was once in if that gives you guys any idea how I am. I basically made a horizontal ladder with vines and a ton of them with so much foliage that I didn’t even know she was in there most the time unless she was basting and then it was tough to see her. I am somewhat of a chameleon enclosure projectionist but always have doubts about my particular placement because I never want to see a chameleon on the screen or waste space. I care a lot about husbandry because I know how important it is with chameleons. I just am kind of nervous about the transition of the wild caught Jacksonii Xantholophus in a enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom