Seems like I’m not getting anywhere with these enclosures

I noticed that some of the sticks there was a wide space I’ll tweak it a bit and get the other one going. @JacksJill the lines for branches on my picture was a big help thank you! I’ll probably mod that just slightly with the shape sticks I have and go from there. I know you install your nozzles on the right but what do you think of the nozzle on the left I was thinking about putting these sturdy but pliable roots that I cleaned off for vine where the vine clamps are on the back left and front right...

The picture makes me wish I had gotten the breeder enclosures because I’ll have to use bamboo curtain or a coco fiber sheet to separate and cover the 2 from seeing each other. Would have wedged sticks against the panels and called it a day weeks ago. The humidity would be better with the breeder style or clear side. Better mist retention as well. I’ll probably get a pair of those enclosures in the future and make these open screen ones outdoor use but until then I need to complete these 2 and install the tubing from the misting system. I hope the tubing is enough that came with the mist king. The system’s connections are all connected. Hopefully cutting and getting the tubing with the zip drip is pretty easy. Cut to much or little is going to be the only challenge. And I’ll be on here asking away. The bucket is an organic food bucket I hand drilled the hole 1”inch from the bottom with a 9/16th drill and put the fitting in.
Had to take a break from the insanity of the enclosure build lol. I found like 8-10 exoterra vines that I forgot I had that are brand new lol small and large I have an even amount of each size. I guess I’ll put the 2 Acadia 6% HO bulbs on each and use the last one for potential neonates. I’ve noticed that the acurite temp/humidity digital thermometers are about a degree in difference approximately in the same room temperature wise. I hope that doesn’t give me an issue.

Attachments

• C8755921-32BF-42D2-8092-A8C6EFB760AB.png
    C8755921-32BF-42D2-8092-A8C6EFB760AB.png
    1 MB · Views: 68
I’ll Amit that natural sticks are harder to situate so that the chameleon can go from one stick to the next. Most of my concern is that the chameleons with climb on the screen.

Don't forget that they span between branches when they climb so spacing of less than a body length is close enough for them to reach. You just want to create a lot of usable paths. They don't have to all touch. I like to have the bottom of my cage empty so I can clean easier so I have branches that hover a couple inches off the floor for when they feel the need to explore down there.

Don't forget that they span between branches when they climb so spacing of less than a body length is close enough for them to reach. You just want to create a lot of usable paths. They don't have to all touch. I like to have the bottom of my cage empty so I can clean easier so I have branches that hover a couple inches off the floor for when they feel the need to explore down there.

Without plants and with plants

Attachments

• 7C7C513E-08FD-4C62-9EE0-50A739E39D18.jpeg
    7C7C513E-08FD-4C62-9EE0-50A739E39D18.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 7E069106-8630-4FB6-9232-8FDF291A2054.jpeg
    7E069106-8630-4FB6-9232-8FDF291A2054.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 62
I basically just picked up random sticks and probably looking like I threw them in lol feels like I do the same thing every day lol trying to get them done so I don’t have to worried about setting up enclosures for a while. And it will be a great load off my chess.

You might already know this but you can use thumb tacks to secure the end of branches to the screen (for horizontal branches). Also if you're worried about the weight of potting plans on your screen or logs, you can buy some little hook screws to screw into the frame of the cage. you'll have to drill a hole in the frame first.

A trick I learned years ago from outfitting bird aviaries. Don't bother with thumb tacks. Drill small holes near each end of your branches and thread light gauge wire through them. You can attach the branches to just about anything using the wire. This is a lot sturdier than tacks in the cut ends, you don't have to get the cut angles exactly right, and gives a lot more flexibility. You can adjust and move the branches multiple times too.

A trick I learned years ago from outfitting bird aviaries. Don't bother with thumb tacks. Drill small holes near each end of your branches and thread light gauge wire through them. You can attach the branches to just about anything using the wire. This is a lot sturdier than tacks in the cut ends, you don't have to get the cut angles exactly right, and gives a lot more flexibility. You can adjust and move the branches multiple times too.
What type of wire do you use l use some in other enclosures and it rusted out?

Back
Top Bottom