Screen Cage Question

ukulelecham

Hey!

So I see a lot of owners with large ReptiBreeze screen cages - I currently own a glass cage for my chameleon but I'm looking to get him a bigger one since he is growing bigger (when I adopted him I temporarily got him a smaller glass cage to keep him in until I was able to get him a bigger one, he's a baby so there's plenty of room for him but now he's getting bigger which means I'm ordering him a bigger cage) and it seems to be doing fine. The only thing that worries me about having a screen cage is the humidity. Do these cages keep good humidity levels? Or should I just stick to glass cages?

And I live in Minnesota which means its not always sunny and humid. Although, my room is plenty warm for him and he has a light and his humidity levels are doing well. Im just worried a screen cage might take that humidity away.

If anyone has any experience with these screen cages for chameleons let me know!

If you get a screen cage you may need to add live plants, a misting system and adjust your heat/lighting system to compensate for the increased air exchange. Some people add plastic to the back and honor two sides during the drier seasons to hold in humidity etc. The advantage that screen cages offer is height to give your cham a more tree like environment.

My cages are plastic on three sides and screen on one. (Dragonstrand) I think it is a good way to go for most indoor situations. You could get a screen cage and then attach the heat shrink film that is used for extra window insulation in the winter. I'm sure that's easy to find in Minnesota.

If you get a screen cage you may need to add live plants, a misting system and adjust your heat/lighting system to compensate for the increased air exchange. Some people add plastic to the back and honor two sides during the drier seasons to hold in humidity etc. The advantage that screen cages offer is height to give your cham a more tree like environment.
Thank you!

My cages are plastic on three sides and screen on one. (Dragonstrand) I think it is a good way to go for most indoor situations. You could get a screen cage and then attach the heat shrink film that is used for extra window insulation in the winter. I'm sure that's easy to find in Minnesota.
That's true - thanks for the advice! :)

Back
Top Bottom