Scared the life out of me!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Came home from errands and found Eustis sitting in the bottom of his cage in the back!! I opened his cage and got my hand under him and he was fighting me trying to grab onto things so that was good. I took him out and looked him over and he appears to be fine. I’m guessing he was chasing a cricket and climbed down the screen of his cage to the bottom trying to get it. It had gotten out of the feeding cup yesterday. Theyre near impossible to catch once they’re loose in the cage. I think he must have caught it. Now Eustis has gone back to hiding in his tree. Now to catch my breath and relax for a moment!

The scariest thing that’s happened to Yoshi is he wouldn’t eat when he first came home I was freaking out but then I found it was pretty common

Thanks for sharing this. Now I know to expect it. I do think he was chasing a cricket that had escaped out of his dish the day before. Today he was in another part of his cage that he doesn’t usually frequent so maybe he’s looking for a mate. I’ve had him for 3 months now and he was estimated to be 8 or 9 months old when I got him so he’s about a year old now. Usually he comes out of the foliage to eat in the morning and bask and then he retreats into the foliage for the rest of the day and I don’t see him again at all.

Thanks for sharing this. Now I know to expect it. I do think he was chasing a cricket that had escaped out of his dish the day before. Today he was in another part of his cage that he doesn’t usually frequent so maybe he’s looking for a mate. I’ve had him for 3 months now and he was estimated to be 8 or 9 months old when I got him so he’s about a year old now. Usually he comes out of the foliage to eat in the morning and bask and then he retreats into the foliage for the rest of the day and I don’t see him again at all.
It keeps fascinating me how different each individual is and also how they don’t. Some behavior they all show and other things they’re the complete opposite.

Both of my boys have their regular patrols of every inch of their enclosures which they do a few times every day. ....
That's an apt description. This morning we watched him start from his basking site, go to the left side, climb down his feeder & vertical dowel, across some lower dowels to the right side, back up the trunk of his mass cane (he loves climbing that trunk up or down) and back to his basking site.

Elapsed time: 5-10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom