Sansi Grow Lights are on sale for Amazon Prime Day

45w, if they are like my pool bulb version, they will draw about 39.5/ 40w at the wall.

The 45 I linked draws 45. It has those OSRAM LEDs and they are overdriven more. It's 4500 lumens instead of the 3500 of the JDs.

Half the price and brighter lol. Apparently those OSRAMs in that driver setup, 100l/w, still bad but better than alot of stuff.

For anyone that may be interested... Sansi has a new 9x9" 70w LED grow light that is water resistent on Amazon. There's a 34% promocode (70LEDDEAL) that only works for one purchase/light. I just bought one to try on my enclosures. I have 2 of their 40w on there now (which I suspect is more like 70w total)... I'm going to try this to replace both. It came out to around $30, which is less than the price of ONE of their 36w bulbs.

I don't work for Sansi, just passing on the deal :p

They have a 60 degree spread, are very similar to lower wattage JD Spots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07L88B9ZD/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That one is a JD spot, just without Arcadia branding, as are Dshulds pool bulbs. China loves to make stuff for you than sell it direct for half price.

They are great from a cheap and easy standpoint, and with the 60° spread, direct alot of PAR down. However they are overdriven, and have horrid L/W ratios, actually worse than Flos. JD Spots were something like 87.
They have a 60 degree spread, are very similar to lower wattage JD Spots.

I was thinking about running the SANSI 24W LED grow light hanging from Exo Terra mounted lamp holder on my 2ft x 2ft x4ft cage. If I had 3-4 live plants, do you think 1 light would be enough plant light for the entire cage? I will be running a T5 HO with the 6% arcadia for UVB and a 60- 75w incandescent bulb for basking area.

Also do you have any recommended dome lamp fixtures for the SANSI 24w bulb?

Hope I'm not asking to many questions but I also see people have recommended the T5 HO Vivarium Electronics or any other T5 HO fixture with the 6400 daylight bulb. Do you think one of these setups would be better than the other? Thanks!

I use a 40w on my 24x24x48 cages, but any wattage is an improvement. I think the reptibreeze kit fixtures will be too small and too hot. Get a wider “classic clamp lamp” for $10 from home depot... but even then, the sansi bulbs are tall and the leds need good ventilation. I use a metal/wire bulb guard.

I use a 40w on my 24x24x48 cages, but any wattage is an improvement. I think the reptibreeze kit fixtures will be too small and too hot. Get a wider “classic clamp lamp” for $10 from home depot... but even then, the sansi bulbs are tall and the leds need good ventilation. I use a metal/wire bulb guard.

Yea it seems the #1 killer of leds around here is dome sockets, it just creates a hot pocket. At least some have 4 holes just past the socket for some(though small) air circulation.

We have seen much worse necro bumps, this only from black friday so its less than a year old :)

I agree - I think if its a relative comment, it doesnt matter how old the thread. Now if you’re replying to a 10 year old classifieds ad.... that might be a bit late!

I agree - I think if its a relative comment, it doesnt matter how old the thread. Now if you’re replying to a 10 year old classifieds ad.... that might be a bit late!

I had some one hitting me up for some green banana roaches, since i posted an ad here like in 2014...

Any thoughts on these? https://spectraldesigns.com/

I have been reading everything I can on lighting thats been suggested but I'm afraid until I have my enclosure setup and plants placed i won't know what my needs will be exactly. My enclosure will be 6ft wide and about 5ft inside after drainage layer and soil (im going to do bioactive) i can start a thread if needed. Alot of info here that helps but seem to be for smaller setups.

Any thoughts on these? https://spectraldesigns.com/

I have been reading everything I can on lighting thats been suggested but I'm afraid until I have my enclosure setup and plants placed i won't know what my needs will be exactly. My enclosure will be 6ft wide and about 5ft inside after drainage layer and soil (im going to do bioactive) i can start a thread if needed. Alot of info here that helps but seem to be for smaller setups.
@nightanole helped me do the dimensions and square footage and helped me decide what wattage I needed.

@NashansCamos I'll have to look that back over. I want to be able to do sunrise and sunset gradually and cloud cover maybe even dim or cut off uvb during misting. And only for a couple hrs at midday have all lights at full blast.

Back
Top Bottom