SANSI 70 watt LED Grow Light Panel Mounting

Jo00

Established Member
I just received my SANSI panel and would be interested in knowing how other users mount them. I have a DS Large Hybrid Atrium on a wire shelf unit with the top shelf 5” above the screen top. Ricki is camera shy😏

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 87
You can just sit it right on top of the wire shelf in the middle.
I have some of mine hung above my enclosures and I got lazy about hanging ceiling hooks, so two are just sitting on top of the enclosures.

You can just sit it right on top of the wire shelf in the middle.
I have some of mine hung above my enclosures and I got lazy about hanging ceiling hooks, so two are just sitting on top of the enclosures.
Thanks. I wasn’t sure if I’d damage it by doing that!! Right on. Nice to keep things simple🙂

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if I’d damage it by doing that!! Right on. Nice to keep things simple🙂
tbh I have been wondering the same thing! That's why I'm hesitant to use mine, I don't want to break the screen!

I just received my SANSI panel and would be interested in knowing how other users mount them. I have a DS Large Hybrid Atrium on a wire shelf unit with the top shelf 5” above the screen top. Ricki is camera shy😏
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/simple-uvb-fixture-supports.177896/#post-1692470

I would not put it directly on the screen lest the heat & weight eventually deform/warp the mesh, but not a lot of distance is needed. I've always had less than 1" between LEDs and mesh, and that's been enough to keep the heat off the mesh.

The mounting brackets that come with (and are attached to) the panel are quite robust. I just screwed them into the short 1 x 2s in the photo, lined everything up (flat), and tightened the screws attaching the brackets to the panels finger tight only.

1631887448707.png

The mounting brackets have a hole for a center screw. If that is used with a sufficiently strong screw or bolt, the lights can even be angled/tipped forward or backward. I never found this necessary, but it's an option. Larger support slats would be needed to account for the angle/tilt and still keep the LEDs off of the mesh.

Just set it up on the shelf. I’ll keep an eye on the temps. Thanks for the heads up.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/simple-uvb-fixture-supports.177896/#post-1692470

I would not put it directly on the screen lest the heat & weight eventually deform/warp the mesh, but not a lot of distance is needed. I've always had less than 1" between LEDs and mesh, and that's been enough to keep the heat off the mesh.

The mounting brackets that come with (and are attached to) the panel are quite robust. I just screwed them into the short 1 x 2s in the photo, lined everything up (flat), and tightened the screws attaching the brackets to the panels finger tight only.

View attachment 310190

The mounting brackets have a hole for a center screw. If that is used with a sufficiently strong screw or bolt, the lights can even be angled/tipped forward or backward. I never found this necessary, but it's an option. Larger support slats would be needed to account for the angle/tilt and still keep the LEDs off of the mesh.
Thanks. It was actually your comments on these lights that inspired me to try them. I have it laying flat on the wire shelf 5” above the screen top. Look how awesome the left side looks compared to the right side (which has another brand of LED grow light).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 59
So…Ricki has been sitting under his new SANSI light for 6 hours, as opposed to his basking light. Is this ok?

Attachments

• A2ACACC8-D04C-4CC9-9EAE-7B049B0B323E.jpeg
    A2ACACC8-D04C-4CC9-9EAE-7B049B0B323E.jpeg
    330.5 KB · Views: 48
So…Ricki has been sitting under his new SANSI light for 6 hours, as opposed to his basking light. Is this ok?
Short-term, yes. Chameleons instinctively look to the brightest light source to bask under, which is often the plant lights. I experienced this firsthand after reading about it, and made some modifications (See link in Post #10 above). This was the primary reason for rearranging my lights.

What we can do is angle our basking lights to shine on the basking site under the plant light(s).

1632068197208.png

This has an added effect of providing a gradient for basking; the chameleon can choose the temperature s/he desires/is most comfortable in.

Short-term, yes. Chameleons instinctively look to the brightest light source to bask under, which is often the plant lights. I experienced this firsthand after reading about it, and made some modifications (See link in Post #10 above). This was the primary reason for rearranging my lights.

What we can do is angle our basking lights to shine on the basking site under the plant light(s).

This has an added effect of providing a gradient for basking; the chameleon can choose the temperature s/he desires/is most comfortable in.
Got it! Thanks. I have a 2nd sansi coming today so I’ll reorganize. I appreciate you sharing your experience with me!

Here's what I used. It is a self-adhesive hanger made by Hagen I think. I was a little concerned that it might not stick well to support the weight, but it has been there for several months now. I've got mine 2.5 inches above the wire but of course you can choose what height you want.

Attachments

• sansi hanger.jpg
    sansi hanger.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 55
Here's what I used. It is a self-adhesive hanger made by Hagen I think. I was a little concerned that it might not stick well to support the weight, but it has been there for several months now. I've got mine 2.5 inches above the wire but of course you can choose what height you want.
I just happen to have one of those sitting in my critter storage closet! Thanks.

You must be like me..I also have a spare closet with new and extra reptile stuff, it's like going shopping in there. but you truly never know when you will reconfigure habitats and need x,y,z whatever.

You must be like me..I also have a spare closet with new and extra reptile stuff, it's like going shopping in there. but you truly never know when you will reconfigure habitats and need x,y,z whatever.
Yep! LOL

I bought one of those but I didn’t think about how I only have screen…. But I never got to return it just forgot about it past the return date sadly

Back
Top Bottom