San Francisco Cow Palace Herp Show

Aight, just got done changing the oil and rotated the tires..... and realized I need new tires soon :eek: But ill make it there and back no prob. (yeah I know its late.... but I drive fast and I am going just to go... not there to buy... im broke :eek::cool:)

Update

Pretty good turnout at the show today.... It was HOT in there (no A/C), but my sales were better than I expected. Pam's got some nice chams there, pretty Mitsios and dirt cheap Pinks..... Anyone in the area check them out!

Money is fun to spend...

The Reptile show was awesome. Everyone was very knowledgeable and very friendly. I have to go back tomorrow because LLL forgot to give me two fixtures I paid for.

I came to just experience what a reptile show was like and left with a ball python and another female veiled.

Thanks you vendors for coming to my part of california!

I will be excited for the next one!

my husband and i bought one of pams on saturday and we absolutely love him! i forget her name but she saiad she posts here...nice meeting you! =)

neat trip.....

Ok!! Just fixed my radiator hose... Getting back on the road again...

I have some pics to share and a little story.... :eek:

So I drove up to see the show, from LA. On my way about 160 miles from home I noticed my engine temp was starting to get hot..... I looked at the outside time and it was about 99*F.... not TOO hot... so I pulled over to find my radiator hose had popped. This has happened to me before :eek:. The issue is that I haven't fixed my car from when I hit a deer.... and the radiator is pushed back a smidgen.... this wouldn't matter much except I replaced the radiator with a high performance aluminum radiator for better cooling............. so the clearances are tight and apparently the fan blade has been cutting into the hose slowly and decided to make its final cut and cause the hose to pop....

I used my iPhone to find a Subaru dealer 24 miles away that was closing in 45 min. So I filled the car up with water, put the windows down, blasted the heat (to help cool the engine) and drove on farm back roads from the 5fwy over to the 99 in Bakersfield before the dealer closed. On the phone the parts guy said the hose was $30!!! I got to the dealer just in time. When I got to the parts counter I told the guy I normally pay $15 for the hose (I'vr had to buy this hose twice before) and he was like 'alright I'll mark it down to $14" so that worked out good... I found an autozone, got coolant, gloves and some rags and made up shop in the parking lot.

IMG_0320.jpg

In this pic you can see the radiator. If you can make out the hose.... you'll see a metal band around it. This is an exhaust repair kit clamp. I put it around the hose near where the power steering pump and fan blade could touch the hose. Bakersfield has a TON of Honda wannabee street racer punks...... I had these guys pull up next to me at a light... my engine off to keep the temps down.... they yell "HEY, is that car fast?" I said "NO!" the replay "OOOH come on! rev it and show us how fast!' I just rolled off the line limping to the dealer in hopes my engine wouldn't blow up.:eek:

IMG_0321.jpg

After each stop I checked the hose and my oil level, no issues :cool:

Here are some pics from the show...

IMG_0322.jpg

This guy was great!

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Oh and when an SUV flips over on the 5 fwy and a CHP officer decides to drive down a shoulderless shoulder...... we have to honk and push our way out of HIS way..... I had to lay on the horn to get the toyota pick up to move over enough for me to scoot over and share his lane with him so the CHP could squeeze by :rolleyes:

IMG_0331.jpg

my husband and i bought one of pams on saturday and we absolutely love him! i forget her name but she saiad she posts here...nice meeting you! =)

Hi there, it was me you must have spoken to (dreadlocks?)

I would love to see photos of your new cham once he is settled in- which did you get? =)

Geez Kevin! Talk about being on a mission! I dread the drive to Northern California. Glad you got there safely.

I'm always amazed about how much the dealers travel to make it to each of these shows. It can be very expensive. I just hope the cham people do well enough to keep going to the shows.

At the most, I make it to one show each year. I'm going to plan for the trip to Daytona but I know I'll be stressed out the entire time since I'll be away from my chameleons. No I can't do the automation before then. :rolleyes: I'm going to be spending some money on the big exhaust fan and some aluminet-ing for my greenhouse roof.

Geez Kevin! Talk about being on a mission! I dread the drive to Northern California. Glad you got there safely.

I'm always amazed about how much the dealers travel to make it to each of these shows. It can be very expensive. I just hope the cham people do well enough to keep going to the shows.

At the most, I make it to one show each year. I'm going to plan for the trip to Daytona but I know I'll be stressed out the entire time since I'll be away from my chameleons. No I can't do the automation before then. :rolleyes: I'm going to be spending some money on the big exhaust fan and some aluminet-ing for my greenhouse roof.

Your gonna go ALL the way to FL for a show?! Why not just the San Diego show?:confused:

...I also might be going to the Daytona show :eek: It is the farthest spot in the country from me, barring Hawaii and Alaska (and they are actually probably closer)

Hi there, it was me you must have spoken to (dreadlocks?)

I would love to see photos of your new cham once he is settled in- which did you get? =)

yes it was you! we got one of fire walker. he seems very happy and it active and eating well! we put him outside over the warm weekend, will take pics as soon as possible and keep you updated!

Your gonna go ALL the way to FL for a show?! Why not just the San Diego show?:confused:

Because in Florida, Mike Monge will personally drop you off in my hotel room (and leave), and you can all sit in a half circle around Chris Anderson as he gives a lecture on the climate in Madagascar.

Sorry, having a flashback....

I plan on heading to Daytona this year to help a friend sell tortoises, possibly/probably do the show myself next year. It's quite the show to see.... I suggest anyone that can pull it off, be there!

Because in Florida, Mike Monge will personally drop you off in my hotel room (and leave), and you can all sit in a half circle around Chris Anderson as he gives a lecture on the climate in Madagascar.

Sorry, having a flashback....

I plan on heading to Daytona this year to help a friend sell tortoises, possibly/probably do the show myself next year. It's quite the show to see.... I suggest anyone that can pull it off, be there!

when is it?:confused:

I think I will be at the Daytona show (not going to sell just have fun with friends) we will have to finally meed.

Back
Top Bottom