San Diego?

Fidel

I will be in San Diego next weekend. Anything worth doing? San Diego Zoo maybe? Does anyone know where I can see a good collection of Thiebaud paintings in the area?

Zoo, for sure. Sunset Cliffs in Point Loma and La Jolla for views. La Jolla Cove for snorkeling. Cabrillo National Monument, Old Town, and USS Nimitz museum for historical type stuff. Hotel del Coronado and that island in general. Ummm... Any other types of stuff you were wanting to do or see?

Zoo, for sure. Sunset Cliffs in Point Loma and La Jolla for views. La Jolla Cove for snorkeling. Cabrillo National Monument, Old Town, and USS Nimitz museum for historical type stuff. Hotel del Coronado and that island in general. Ummm... Any other types of stuff you were wanting to do or see?

Great minds think alike, Kent. That's all of what I was going to say (I used to spend a lot of time there growing up....).

Ummm... Any other types of stuff you were wanting to do or see?

Good art, good food, good beer(OH sh*t, I just realized Stone brewery is out there!!)

uhhh..what else.... i need a calling male D. luecomelas, anyone have one out there?

maybe I'll go get in some trouble in Tijuana while I'm at it

Good art, good food, good beer(OH sh*t, I just realized Stone brewery is out there!!)

uhhh..what else.... i need a calling male D. luecomelas, anyone have one out there?

You can't go wrong in San Diego. If you like to eat and food tv there are like 10 places from the show "Dinners , Drive-inns and dives" out there as well. Awesome city to visit thats for sure.

i am not a big fan of visiting San Diego for art museum...
Went to SD Museum of Art and kinda felt disappointed with their permanent collections.
The only thing fascinating at that time was Sorolla's piece.

It was quite an odd feeling.. I felt that the classical piece isn't that good and the contemporary ones are weirdly conservative.. everything felt in between.

I think you will have better luck in Los Angeles for art museum.
Even huntington Library has better pieces (mainly because they have Sargent's and Mary Cassat).

But, I agree Cabrillo national park is fascinating. Gotta Love the tide pool! and the beer.. lol

BALBOA PARK! Tons of museums and beautiful scenery. If you aren't vegetarian, there's a restaurant called Rei Di Gado which serves some 16+ types of brazilian meats but has an amazing salad bar which alone will fill you up. It is beyond amazing. Pizza port in Solana Beach has awesome microbrew and pizza and is close to Del Mar beach. Ask me for more info if you want some spots to see or help finding them.

STONE! Ok, I love the beers but have not been to the brewery and restaurant. The problem is that they're in North (and east) County SD, which is not only a good 30 minute drive from where I live but, also, most likely from where you're going to be staying. HOW can you go there and fully enjoy it.... and STILL drive back??? But still, I've heard it is absolutely stunning for its architecture and landscaping.

Don't know about your chances with the leuc, but, the only stores I'd expect to find poison frogs at on every visit are LLL and Pet Kingdom, which is nearish to the airport. PK has pretty good reptile and aquarium departments.

Getting in trouble anywhere in Mexico right now....mmmm, wouldn't really recommend it.

Hope you have a blast here!

BALBOA PARK! Tons of museums and beautiful scenery. If you aren't vegetarian, there's a restaurant called Rei Di Gado which serves some 16+ types of brazilian meats but has an amazing salad bar which alone will fill you up. It is beyond amazing. Pizza port in Solana Beach has awesome microbrew and pizza and is close to Del Mar beach. Ask me for more info if you want some spots to see or help finding them.

sounds awesome. Let me know.

STONE! Ok, I love the beers but have not been to the brewery and restaurant. The problem is that they're in North (and east) County SD, which is not only a good 30 minute drive from where I live but, also, most likely from where you're going to be staying. HOW can you go there and fully enjoy it.... and STILL drive back??? But still, I've heard it is absolutely stunning for its architecture and landscaping.

Don't know about your chances with the leuc, but, the only stores I'd expect to find poison frogs at on every visit are LLL and Pet Kingdom, which is nearish to the airport. PK has pretty good reptile and aquarium departments.

Getting in trouble anywhere in Mexico right now....mmmm, wouldn't really recommend it.

Hope you have a blast here!

Ha. The whole reason I'm going out there is to help my friend move there. So she owes me a DD. I WILL go to stone and help myself to some brews. Wanna catch a ride with us Kent?

Last edited:
Wow, that would be great for both of us! Haha! Know what part of town you'll be "based" out of yet? Sending pm....

I grew up in SD but I live in OC now, it is not the same. SD is more scenic, OC is more scene.

I would have to say that the ONE place you HAVE to go to IS - Phil's BBQ!!!

Back
Top Bottom