San Diego

danielle609

Established Member
I am leaving for San Diego this Wednesday. Thursday and Friday we will be at the Marine Corps base because my husbands brother is graduating from basics so we decided to go out there and see him. We are staying until Monday, so we have all day Saturday and Sunday to do whatever we want. Is their anything out there that is a must? We are planning on the Zoo and possible sea world. Is the SD zoo nice? I am use to John Ball Zoo here in Grand Rapids MI...which is a piece..so hopefully this is a nice zoo. Hopefully this trip is nice and relaxing, I have had a terrible couple of weeks so this should be nice..but I have never been on a plane before, hopefully we don't hit turbulence! :)

So if anyone has any tips about San Diego, or any really good restaurants I would love to hear about it, thanks!

Dani

SD zoo is very nice! 500% better then the L.A zoo I'll tell you that. Animals are kept up and healthy the L.A zoo is another thing. Depending on what you like to do make sure to Visit the gas lamp area for exciting dinners, Drinks and Bars!

San Diego Zoo is great, when I went there I got 1 of their packages where I went to the zoo and the next day to the Wild Animal Park. I loved both parks but thought the zoo was slightly better.

If you like the ocean take a trip to La Jolla the kayaking is great if you can get a sunny day :)

Since you're going to be close, I recommend a trip out to the Cabrillo Monument and Lighthouse. The views are spectacular up there. You'll have a full view of downtown SD and usually out to the Coronado Islands (Mexico). I haven't been to many zoos other than this one, but there's got to be a reason they call it "world-famous." For good Mexican food, especially seafood, try Miguel's near Shelter Island (which is also by the MCRD.) I guess if you wanted to go look at chams, LLL is about a 40 minute drive from where you'll be.

I'm afraid the weather's about 10 degrees cooler than usual this time of year. I think upper 50's/low60's will be the highs while you're here. Not exactly beach weather yet but there's still plenty to do in those areas anyway. Hope you guys enjoy the trip!

I'm going SD on thursday and coming back sunday! I would use yelp and type in what you like and find reviews about it. Don't know what we doing but for sure hanging out at the beach, the zoo, and getting wasted. I was in San Diego few yrs back and we visit sea world. Its alright, pretty cool seeing the dolphins doing tricks. Later on they had dogs, pigs, birds doing tricks together. Pretty entertaining. Hang out at the beach during sunset, its beautiful

Thanks Everyone! I am now in San Diego. I am staying in Old town for a few days and then moving by the bay. My first flight ever went very well. I was scared at first, but it was all good. It is BEAUTIFUL here! I don't ever want to leave. We drove all over sight seeing and drove over the Coronado (sp?) bridge...it is all awesome! But thanks again!

Dani

Back
Top Bottom