Sick Jackson’s in LLLReptile store in San Diego!?

your right it really depends and it is good to see it first and try to post some pictures tomorrow, i would really like to see the chameleon
Hey I've stopped by Lllreptile today, here's the picture! I was glad to see its eyes open, I'm sure it was the same one because of the little wound on the nose, I hope I was wrong about it being sick.. let me know what you guys think! Sorry for the poor quality :(

Attachments

• 1611453292250..jpg
    1611453292250..jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 85
Hey I've stopped by Lllreptile today, here's the picture! I was glad to see its eyes open, I'm sure it was the same one because of the little wound on the nose, I hope I was wrong about it being sick.. let me know what you guys think! Sorry for the poor quality :(
well we know its a girl and it is looks like its shedding and there does not seem to look like anything is wrong

It's hard to tell if there is anything wrong. But that's good news that her eyes are open and that she is climbing around. The problem is that the supplementation the pet store gave her is probably incorrect. They are probably giving her too much D3 which can lead to overdoses and problems similar to mbd. Are you planning to rescue her? I would recommend against it as it supports malpractice. However, I can not stop you, so if you are going to rescue her--the sooner the better.

The area on her nose is from rubbing the skin there raw. Also remember that she could have lots of things wrong with her that aren’t visible to the eye. Starting off with a healthy jacksons from a good, reputable breeder will be way better, more rewarding, and probably less of a financial burden in the long haul

If you ever want a Jackson I will help you find a healthy one even if I don't have any available at the time.
Please avoid pet stores, the stress of being on display kills them. I don't recommend anywhere with Under, Back or Brothers in their name.
See other threads that back me up on this. Some people get lucky most don't.

If you ever want a Jackson I will help you find a healthy one even if I don't have any available at the time.
Please avoid pet stores, the stress of being on display kills them. I don't recommend anywhere with Under, Back or Brothers in their name.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Agree with this 100%

I wish I had done my research and not purchased from LLL. I am one of the lucky ones that got a healthy chameleon, but our vet thinks she was maybe 2.5 months old when we got her a few weeks ago. Then I came here, and learned that a good breeder wouldn't sell a chameleon until 3 months (minimum). In the future when we are ready for another chameleon, I'll be purchasing from a reputable breeder that is recommended here on the forums. OP, good job doing your research!

JMHO-- I have been to that store and the owner is very smart and love the animals but when they buy and sell online stuff (which they do) the animals come from all over.
This female looks pretty good and the nose burn can evolve into other issues. Depending on the cost (50 or so) I would get her and try to fix the wounds. But! If her toes/nails have any issues, I would leave her. My purpose would be for 1 on 1 help and the babies she is carrying. Many times the stress has already done the damage to the babies inside so expectations would be low but hopeful.

Her eyes and size along with shedding indicates she has not been there longer than a few weeks. --

A good cage indoor and one outdoor (san diego weather) would be perfect for her..

Plus! If you take her to a vet, they will hook you up with meds for the stuff.. HINT: They might even negotiate the price if you talk about taking her to the vet and the extra cost to fix her.. JMO

THERE are plenty of breeders in San Diego, veiled, panther, jacksons, and others... Just have to search for them or put add out to locate..
Best,

Back
Top Bottom