Sad Christmas day.

I once misplaced one of my vieled chams after free ranging him. Took me 3 days before I found him (or he found me). I turned my whole appartment inside and out! It was kinda cooling down during winter, I found him basking on top of my female chameleon cage! So that might be a good way to do it. Set up some warm spots all over your place and a place a few feeders inside a container next to it. Ill go from there.

:( so sorry to hear she is missing - I know it might sound odd, but maybe at night turn off all the lights and look w/ a flash light , like as if she were lost outside - I am not familiar w/ them, but do they go light colored when they sleep - maybe she will be easier to find in the dark with a light - I had a Cuban Knight anoel get out once, I found her on another floor of the house, on a cham cage under the light - and these are not small lizards - I really hope you find your girl - xxxing my fingers for you

Great idea above looking at night!

Ditto, try at night. That's a great idea.

Scott

Chams are much easier to find at night. When I FR outside, I can even find babies in bushes with a light. I've been checking every night since I lost her and just got done now....Still no luck. Hopefully, she comes out in the morning looking for food.

Check in the original free range if you haven't already. One time my little sister took it upon herself to show her friends my cool chameleon and then left the cage door open. I tore apart the house, didn't find him, then went back and i noticed him hiding in a plant in his cage -_-

So I wake up this morning to a scratching noise and look up to my computer desk to find her sitting there having laid a shrivelled up egg. I'm guessing she's reabsorbing moisture from the eggs to stay alive. I have no idea where she was but I feel she came to find me when times got tough.

I gave her a long shower (I have never seen a chameleon drink so much) and as soon as I put her back on her FR, she climbed down and started digging. She is very weak and I really hope she lays the eggs- at this point I think they're all done for but who knows.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks to all for keeping hope for her!

I am so glad you found her. Did she eat anything? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a full recovery for your girl.

Wow that is the best news for you. See don't give up just yet. If she made her way to you things should work out just fine.

She hasn't eaten anything. Just went back to check on her and she abandoned her hole...I'm thinking she's just too weak at this point.

OH YAY !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D so glad you found her or or she found you ) - I laid in bed last night thinking of her :( and any way to help find her - I saw how far you were, so I decided not to offer to fly up and help look :p but I would have if I could have :p I lost a juv/ Jax in a 4!! achier woods- by the grace of God I found her - I knew my best bet to find her was the same night she went missing - I found her about 100 ft away about 60' up in a tree- getting her down- LOL good thing I climbed a lot of trees as a kid ;)

OH YAY !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D so glad you found her or or she found you ) - I laid in bed last night thinking of her :( and any way to help find her - I saw how far you were, so I decided not to offer to fly up and help look :p but I would have if I could have :p I lost a juv/ Jax in a 4!! achier woods- by the grace of God I found her - I knew my best bet to find her was the same night she went missing - I found her about 100 ft away about 60' up in a tree- getting her down- LOL good thing I climbed a lot of trees as a kid ;)

I would've taken you up on the offer. I'm glad I found her but I'm still too concerned about her laying the eggs.... She's gotta get them out so she can start eating again.

I would've taken you up on the offer. I'm glad I found her but I'm still too concerned about her laying the eggs.... She's gotta get them out so she can start eating again.

and I would have come :D I have driven STATES away to pick up rescues who were to sick to ship - and don't regret not one trip :)
do you have anything like Rep-a-boost up there - I have injected that into roaches and used them a vessel to deliver the rep/a/boost - they do not seem to like it ? - but it helps give them a jump start - if she was in good health, I am sure she is wore out, but I think with your great care of her, she has a super chance :) water, warm, and YOU are what she needs now - do you think she has laid all her eggs ? if not, I would get her to the vet and maybe some oxy/ I have a girl right now who wont lay - I am giving her to the end of the week, and then she is going to get "THE SHOT" - :eek: if that is what the vet thinks is best - keep us posted on her - SOOOO glad you found her :)

and I would have come :D I have driven STATES away to pick up rescues who were to sick to ship - and don't regret not one trip :)
do you have anything like Rep-a-boost up there - I have injected that into roaches and used them a vessel to deliver the rep/a/boost - they do not seem to like it ? - but it helps give them a jump start - if she was in good health, I am sure she is wore out, but I think with your great care of her, she has a super chance :) water, warm, and YOU are what she needs now - do you think she has laid all her eggs ? if not, I would get her to the vet and maybe some oxy/ I have a girl right now who wont lay - I am giving her to the end of the week, and then she is going to get "THE SHOT" - :eek: if that is what the vet thinks is best - keep us posted on her - SOOOO glad you found her :)

She's still digging around aimlessly in the bin. Checking on her every 5-10 minutes or so.

Never heard of Rep-a-boost but I'll look it up. My Dubias get really good food so I hope she takes them after.

Right now taking her to a vet is kinda stretching it. I mean, she picked the wrong time to do this because I'm kinda extended after Christmas, and I don't want to be putting any more money on the credit card. (My wife hates animals and could give two hoots if the chameleon dies). My wife and I are both nurses but neither one of us work in delivery or er where oxy might be available....would probably be a felony taking some from work anyhow...lol

I'm just needing her to dig that hole and dump those eggs.

Omg! That is such a wonderful news ! I am so happy for you ! I thought about that little girl a lot.. Fingers crossed!! Letvus know how she is doing!
Yeeeeey! :)

Wonderful news!!! :D Too bad about the wife situation though... for being in the healthcare field you think she would have some empathy for all creatures. At any rate, I hope your little girl makes it through all this!

I'm so happy you found her! Little stinker, I wonder where she was hiding! I hope she pulls through and lays the rest of her eggs.

She didn't dig but dropped two more eggs since. Who knows how many she dropped while she was hiding, but I can still feel some inside...

Try digging the hole where she started down 6 or 8 inches with a spoon about the size she usually digs and put her in it a bit. She may go down and lay the eggs, if she does, don't make her bury them. take her out to save her energy and feed and water her. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom