Sad but common story

I just finished looking for him outside again and still haven't found him. I'll try early in the morning to catch him basking, if that doesn't work i'll ask a local person for a female :(

Much to my dismay this has happened to us several times. The wind is usually responsible as here in Vegas it can be fine 1 second and then the next you can be in the middle of high winds. A real pain in the ass for sure. I ALWAYS put our cages in a very short (chameleon) walk to a tree and every time so far, knock on wood we have always found them in the tree.

You will likely still find it in a tree or bush or something with height very near where it got out. If you would like to try the female call our office tomorrow and talk with Darci, she will be around most of the day and will let you give the female trick a try.

Thank you chad! Where I have their cages there are a few bushes and three tall trees. I'll search them again one more time tonight then I'll check in the morning.

My daughters melleri when missing in out yard at 8 am one morning and three of us looked not stop and finally found him 12 hours later in the top of the tree right by where he escaped.

Thats great that you guys found her! Im not having much luck, i just got the female thanks to chad and darci( thanks!) lets hope it works!

I just have one more question, should I move the female to the front of the house and sit out there with her for a while so if he's in one of the three trees in my front yard he'll be able to see her?

You should put her where/close to where you lost him. If he's not people trusting then I would watch from a window rather than stay outside.

Yea i'm in the same scenario, but mine's been gone 10days now and still no sign though i have been looking intently . . .

One thing i havn't tried is using a female so i'd suggest that, as for me i wont let down my search, not till it snows . . .

Good Luck!

Well I had the female out half the whole day today. I decided to bring her in because it was getting to hot. I'm getting a little worried for him now, I don't think he is in my yard anymore and temps are getting higher and higher each day :(

Well I had the female out half the whole day today. I decided to bring her in because it was getting to hot. I'm getting a little worried for him now, I don't think he is in my yard anymore and temps are getting higher and higher each day :(

yea, its ironic because your worried about it being too hot, whereas i'm worried about it getting cold . . .

You can consider that a bit lucky though, since it's hot he'll be thirsty, so spray down the bottom of the tree like noones business and he'll no doubt come down to quench his thirst . . . good luck!

I'm still looking, I bet I passed him up a few times. He always hides behind leaves and stuff when he sees me.

dude good luck. :eek: it sucks this is the second story like this in a week. I would be really upset. I hope you guys find your chams ;)

if his anything like my male, food is the answer to everything, try getting a see through tub with a lid on, and put as much live food (his favourite) in there as you can get, a box of locusts is what id put in, and leave that by where the cage was, if he sees the food he'll come running, you could also put them by the female so if he sees the food he may see the female too, and also put his favourite plant out?

every half an hour to a hour try moving it about 10 metres up the garden so if he has moved he might see the food better by moving it around?

i remember taking bob out, turned my back for less then a minute he'd climbed off the plant up some steps and onto a guinea pig hutch, luckily i saw him and caught him, he wasnt too happy tho :p

Hey...just keep looking! Chad is always the one who spots ours and they have turned up every time always in the same mesquite tree pretty much. I've also had dragons get out and turn up just fine like 2 weeks later. Somtimes things happen but they always seem to turn up somewhere...I know it's hot but it's a veiled and they can with stand this heat better than a panther. And keep spraying the bushes b/c yes he will need to come out and drink some water in this heat. Chad usually finds them right at dusk when the sun doesn't glint right on them and make it harder to see. Try tomorrow night around 7-8pm and see if you can spot him. We will get the female back sometime this weekend but keep trying with her as long as you can watch her and water her. Hopefully it won't be as windy tomorrow! Good luck :) Don't give up yet.

THank you darci! I spray down every bush or tree in my yard so if he is there atleast he has water. Tomorrow is going to be nice so I'll bring the female back out. Again thank you so much for the female! She hates me btw lol.

Back
Top Bottom