Rubbing eye

Shedding, needs to clean it but mistings aren't long enough, or has something stuck. And then there is the I just want to rub my face on a branch because I want to. :hilarious:

Post a couple of photos of your chameleon. Is there any goop in the eye? Does your chameleon keep its eye shut at all?

Post a couple of photos of your chameleon. Is there any goop in the eye? Does your chameleon keep its eye shut at all?
5CB7C76C-D3A8-4C55-9AC2-0ADEC1F2F26D.jpeg

Couldn’t get a better pic lol if I were to open the cage he would run away. He doesn’t have any goop and he never shuts his eyes.

hmmm be careful with the exo terra jungle vines. Pieces come off of them and if they rub their face on them they can get the pieces stuck in their eyes.

hmmm be careful with the exo terra jungle vines. Pieces come off of them and if they rub their face on them they can get the pieces stuck in their eyes.
What vines are good to use? Ive been using the Flukers Bend a Branch vines...small and medium twisted around each other.

What vines are good to use? Ive been using the Flukers Bend a Branch vines...small and medium twisted around each other.
Those tend to be better then others. Just make sure to replace them as they start breaking down. Stay away from the exo terra jungle vines and moss vines. Real branches from non sap producing trees are best. :)

Those tend to be better then others. Just make sure to replace them as they start breaking down. Stay away from the exo terra jungle vines and moss vines. Real branches from non sap producing trees are best. :)
I have mostly branches from those types of trees but didn't have enough to fill in the gaps so I bought the Flukers on Amazon. They seem nice. I'm glad I happened to get the right ones by chance.

Old grape vines (sometimes called grape wood) are great. They're expensive at shops or online, but much less if there's a vineyard near you.

I like the idea of bamboo, but some say it can be slippery. I would think chams could handle that—I'm thinking vines in the rainforest must be slippery, especially after a rain.

Anyhoo, my thought is to wind jute (not twine) around the bamboo for a better grip.

Also, there are several vids on Youtube on DIY terrarium vines.

Old grape vines (sometimes called grape wood) are great. They're expensive at shops or online, but much less if there's a vineyard near you.

I like the idea of bamboo, but some say it can be slippery. I would think chams could handle that—I'm thinking vines in the rainforest must be slippery, especially after a rain.

Anyhoo, my thought is to wind jute (not twine) around the bamboo for a better grip.

Also, there are several vids on Youtube on DIY terrarium vines.
I have seen a lot of those videos and find them to be very helpful as well. I found Virginia Creeper vine and he LOVES it. I've been able to twist it around the branches that I had, so he has branches that are zip tied horizontally (at an angle) and then the vine that loops around the front and the back, downwards. It actually worked really well. It made it so that he has open areas and he also has areas that are a bit more confined for him to hide in.

Real branches from non sap producing trees are best. :)
So... no sugar maple? ? (I'm teasing Beman; sugar maple branches are fine, and sugar maple sure does produce sap! Mmmmm!)

It's trees that produce sap containing significant VOCs that are the problem, which is generally, the conifers. IOW, (again—generally—there are exceptions both ways) hardwoods—good; softwoods—bad.
Non-Toxic and Toxic Woods

If—or when—in doubt, just google reptile safe [insert tree or plant here]. ;)

Back
Top Bottom