rubber mat in chameleon cage?

runfluterun

Hello all!
I have had my veiled chameleon now for about 3 months and love him soo much!
cleaning his cage, i have realized is a task. I just put a stream of paper towels at the bottom of his cage and dispose of them when I clean his cage- but does any one know where I might find a rubber mat that I can just take out and clean? He's in a 18" L X 18" W X 36" H cage right now. I am looking online but its more difficult than I thought to find one..

Also, when should I upgrade to a bigger cage? He's almost 5 months old at this point and probably around 3.5-4.5 inches long. Thanks,
runfluterun

If you want rubber mats tack/farm supply stores would probably be your best bet as they carry them for use in horse stalls. Depending on the size you get you could cut them so that you end up with two to make cleaning that much easier because you could just swap the dirty mat for the clean one. :D

I never have to clean my cage bottom. :D
It's a custom cage so I cut out the bottom and have a chickenwire (holes too small to be climbed through) basically small table it sits on. The legs are about 5 inches high so I have a big, black drainage bin underneath I just empty water and poop out of, plus Bo just aims his butt over a hole and poops right in the bin! I'll take pics if you want. I wouldn't use a rubber mat.

Plus you should move him to a larger cage pretty soon.

I never have to clean my cage bottom. :D
It's a custom cage so I cut out the bottom and have a chickenwire (holes too small to be climbed through) basically small table it sits on. The legs are about 5 inches high so I have a big, black drainage bin underneath I just empty water and poop out of, plus Bo just aims his butt over a hole and poops right in the bin! I'll take pics if you want. I wouldn't use a rubber mat.

Plus you should move him to a larger cage pretty soon.

actually i would love to see a picture , i have a reptibrezz and the button of my cage is removable, and that does sound something my chameleons would do and something that would e z for me to clean

Back
Top Bottom