RO Water

ChrisHibs

Hi, can anyone tell me if I should be remineralising my RO water before using it for my chameleon?

I've been using it without really thinking but mine is always 0 TDS as it's for a reef tank. I know humans aren't supposed to drink 0 TDS water as it can pull salts out of our bodies through osmosis so is it safe for reptiles?

My tap water is only 29 tds here in the scottish Highlands but it does contain chlorine.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I use 0 TDS water and have not had any issues, I have been using rodi water for 2 years. Just make sure you are using appropriate supplementation. I have also thought about this concern and would like to see some data if it exists to make a more informed decision.

I've been using distilled water for as long as I've had the cham & mister (15+ mo.)—no problems.
IDK it for a fact, but I wonder if it doesn't get something from the plants it lands on. 🤷‍♂️

TBH, I'd be more concerned about the chlorine, depending on the amount.
3 Easy Ways to Dechlorinate Tap Water
  1. Boil & Cool. The colder the water, the more gasses it contains. ...
  2. UV Exposure. Leave the water outside in the sun for 24 hours so the chlorine naturally evaporates in an off-gassing process. ...
  3. Vitamin C. (Approximately 40 mg will dechlorinate 1 gallon of water.)
https://www.masontops.com/blogs/masontops-blog/how-to-make-chlorine-free-water
I've done the first two; didn't know about the Vitamin C. I also take Ester-C in lieu of ascorbic acid—don't know if that makes a difference.

Hey, if you used Loch Ness water, would you get a Loch Ness Chammie? :ROFLMAO:
1648150547755.png

I've been using distilled water for as long as I've had the cham & mister (15+ mo.)—no problems.
IDK it for a fact, but I wonder if it doesn't get something from the plants it lands on. 🤷‍♂️

TBH, I'd be more concerned about the chlorine, depending on the amount.

I've done the first two; didn't know about the Vitamin C. I also take Ester-C in lieu of ascorbic acid—don't know if that makes a difference.

Hey, if you used Loch Ness water, would you get a Loch Ness Chammie? :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 321931
I'm only about 5 minutes away from it so I could always give it a try😂

I use ro di water. Cheaper then buying every few days. Just need to hook up float valve so I don't have to fill it so I stop forgetting

Back
Top Bottom