Right chameleon for me.

Prehensile

so ive been doing alot of research lately.
and have come across chameleons.
i am not new to the reptile scene. and have had reptiles in my care for over 5 years. i think im ready for a new challenge.
but i want to start on the right foot. im liking the bearded pygmy chameleons.
and the veileds. both of which i can get from flchameleons, because i live here in florida. so for housing. ive got an r-zilla acrylic atrium.
its dimensions are 12x18x20. is there a certain species that can live i one this size permanently? if not, i have no issues upgrading. but i would also like to start with something small. i heard that veileds are fairly hardy. but there size is to big. so im looking for a small to medium sized chameleon, that would fit in my acrylic atrium, or something of similar size. any advice on which ones to get and tips would help out a bunch.

thanks in advance.

so ive been doing alot of research lately.
and have come across chameleons.
i am not new to the reptile scene. and have had reptiles in my care for over 5 years. i think im ready for a new challenge.
but i want to start on the right foot. im liking the bearded pygmy chameleons.
and the veileds. both of which i can get from flchameleons, because i live here in florida. so for housing. ive got an r-zilla acrylic atrium.
its dimensions are 12x18x20. is there a certain species that can live i one this size permanently? if not, i have no issues upgrading. but i would also like to start with something small. i heard that veileds are fairly hardy. but there size is to big. so im looking for a small to medium sized chameleon, that would fit in my acrylic atrium, or something of similar size. any advice on which ones to get and tips would help out a bunch.

thanks in advance.

Well first welcome, from my experience which isn't very much lol a carpet or pygmy chameleon can both live in that size cage I believe. I'm not fimiliar with your cage so its hard for me to provide much help lol. The most important thing is that there is ventalation to the cage. I have a veiled which I am moving him into a 2x2x4ft cage and about to purchase an ambilobe chameleon which I'm putting in the same size cage. If you have other questions ill do my best to help.

Veileds get pretty big and would need a larger enclosure. I think there are some species that dont grow as large but may need more care.

either use what you have for pygmies...or upgrade to have various chameleon species to choose....the most common and easy to obtain for beginners are veileds, panthers, and Jackson chameleons.

However i feel with the proper knowledge, research, set-ups, references, etc...you can choose mostly any cham you wish to care for.

I have had carpets and you should not house one is a cage that small. I would go with pgymy's and them add more later if you want. jmo

Ok.
well ive decided on pygmys.
can i house 2 in this size atrium?
ive heard they dont need uvb. but ill supply a tube anyways.
and for setup, should i include many plants, and hiding areas?
and do any of you guys have photos of your chameleon/pygmy setups?
i found some chams online for 25.00 plus shipping.

thanks again, i appreciate the help

Back
Top Bottom