reverse osmosis water question

whysoez420

i plan to use reverse osmosis water for my automatic mister.
are there places that sell RO water or do i actually have to buy the $200-400 filter? thanks for any help.

You can buy RO water at most fancy aquarium shops in 5 gallon jugs. A lot of fishkeepers use RO or partial RO for fish that require softer water.

They have it at the king soopers by my house for 2 bucks for five gallons, its a tap so you bring your own jug

you can get most RO water at the grocery store just make sure you read the purified method and what else they add most of the time tho store brand is safe

What is the benefit of r/o water? I have used tap water for years with no ill effects. Why go through so much trouble when you can just set the water out for a day and all the chlorine will be gone. Nozzles can be soaked in vinegar if they have lime build up. Sorry, didn't mean to interject, I am curious as to what the advantage is? There are cheaper r/o systems let me look at my catalog tomorrow (chem teacher).

They have it at the king soopers by my house for 2 bucks for five gallons, its a tap so you bring your own jug

So that's what I've been using in my MistKing for the last 7 or so months and I have started noticing a residue buildup on the misters and the plants in the cage. It's a very light residue but still. So I'm a bit suspicious its not as pure as they claim... But no real problems from it yet. Just interesting that I'm seeing that given its supposed to be RO.

What is the benefit of r/o water? I have used tap water for years with no ill effects. Why go through so much trouble when you can just set the water out for a day and all the chlorine will be gone. Nozzles can be soaked in vinegar if they have lime build up. Sorry, didn't mean to interject, I am curious as to what the advantage is? There are cheaper r/o systems let me look at my catalog tomorrow (chem teacher).

My tap water is very hard - lots of salts in it naturally. So the crud would build up quite fast in my nozzles and I don't have time to constantly be cleaning them. It builds up on my axolotl tank in just a few weeks enough that I have to scrape residues off. Much easier to get the water ready to go for less than $2 and not have problems!

i plan to use reverse osmosis water for my automatic mister.
are there places that sell RO water or do i actually have to buy the $200-400 filter? thanks for any help.

you don't have to spend 200 dollars. look for portable machines. people use them in motor homes. I got one that hooks up to the faucet on my kitchen sink. I got for 110 but there are models that are less.

So that's what I've been using in my MistKing for the last 7 or so months and I have started noticing a residue buildup on the misters and the plants in the cage. It's a very light residue but still. So I'm a bit suspicious its not as pure as they claim... But no real problems from it yet. Just interesting that I'm seeing that given its supposed to be RO.

Hmm thats good to know, I'll have to keep an eye out for that. If its like the one that I use the tap has a graphic on it showing the fifty billion ways they purify it, so that seems pretty lame.

Back
Top Bottom