Rescue chameleon need help!

Small update for everyone.

Just him being in the right environment for last few days has proven well. He’s much more mobile scoots away from me quite quickly. Eatin Lott’s horn and wax and butter worms along with a staple of gut loaded crickets. His dripper - water sources are calcium infused as well his food is calciuminized if that is a word .
Now going into shed the stuck shed on his crest is now falling off! So all is well
Thanks all

9A346548-C684-49F4-847B-8A23DE424B41.jpeg

Some update pictures just checking him today shed is lose and falling off with ease. I believe! I think it s a male. Has spur i believe if it’s that thing behind the foot? As well some more yellow tones showing.

Doing well colours are extremely vibrant , even with shed all over him.

His strength and movement much stronger already, quite aggressive so that’s good ( to be honest I don’t care dealt with much larger much more aggressive lizards. Just want him in good health and happy haha and he will be a visual pet not to be handled much unless checking up. )
His stuck shed on crest and vent has fallen off as And new shed seems to come off with ease.
Eating a LOTTTTT I think I need to start breeding crickets again.

doing well very reactive eats well and very responsive now.
Not healed obviously but showing very strong signs we are going on the right path.

Thanks everyone

E7017CD1-EDA9-4283-88A6-D0172D663659.jpeg

1407DD5A-648A-42E9-9D05-5FAFBFBBEDC4.jpeg
727F1DDA-445E-43BA-A85F-6190B9D56A02.jpeg
F725EEDA-7282-4BE1-8EF4-A9D06B247424.jpeg
A240A654-30D0-4CAF-99A9-1EAAC18098D3.jpeg

Another small update.

Since receiving this little friend, his health has increased substantially. It is absolutely mind blowing how forgiving and quickly reptiles can recover with some love and proper care.

(although he’s still far from full “ “ recovery)

He has shed twice now, eating a diet of horn worm ( SMALL ) amounts of wax/butter worms and a staple of gut loaded crickets fed only the finest of fruit and veg .

He has been drinking well, hunting very well, and growing well.

His mobility has increased hugely, almost running around on those sticks now ;).

His attitude has gotten very very feisty, hissing trying to bite etc. So that is great! Healthy sign.

Unlike before when he was just lethargic and lifeless and “stumble away” when ever I came by.
Now stands proud hisses and lounges at me . Great signs.

Again don’t care I dealt with 20 pound male iguana in breeding season, so to me he’s just adorable . I just want him healthy.

Now question for all reading.

Is liquid calcium ok to continue to give to him in his drip and spray? Rather then powder? I finally found some calcium without d3 in store few hrs away. However he refused to eat white powdery insects. Lol bugger -.-

Thank everyone :)

Also swelling in legs as well feet have dropped to zero. His legs (excluding those that where broke) are 100% all back to normal.
Again mobility is HUGE visual that has changed he is climbing around like it ain’t no bodies business.
Oh and just his colours in general ( even when he went into second shed ) have bursted and very vibrant
So happy ^_^

It is so awesome how they can bounce back with the right care and some one who is eager to learn and help them. Great job! Maybe post your question about the calcium in it's own post so people see that specifically. :) Sorry I am not knowledgeable enough yet to help you there.

It is so awesome how they can bounce back with the right care and some one who is eager to learn and help them. Great job! Maybe post your question about the calcium in it's own post so people see that specifically. :) Sorry I am not knowledgeable enough yet to help you there.

K thank you :)

It is it’s honestly quite sad, I didn’t know much about them, I have quite a massive amount of experience with other reptiles. But not chameleons. I just don’t understand why people don’t think it’s nessicary to research before selling. This store has gone through 3-4 chameleons ( just in few months Iv known ) and they are the ones telling the new owners how to care for this already sick chameleon, with incorrect proper care... It’s soooo frustrating!!! Rescued many monitors and iguanas in the past with same story. Why don’t people see they’re living things they are not bloody Pokémon cards! Stop selling animals incorrectly to make a few bucks makes me sick

I would ask your vet that question, there are different ways to give different dosages of calcium, its best you don't of your cham on it. props to you for doing this rescue! its great to see a cham go to such a caring owner

I would ask your vet that question, there are different ways to give different dosages of calcium, its best you don't of your cham on it. props to you for doing this rescue! its great to see a cham go to such a caring owner

I did but all vets within reasonable (4 hrs away) distance said they don’t really know much be better off researching so that’s what I’m doing :)

And thank you :).

43FB85AE-1EE9-4B01-9E8C-5155334E99D4.jpeg
q
23B37563-1AA0-41F3-9F3A-531D97A45859.jpeg
EE003C2B-E26D-4CB1-83ED-29FC88B22235.jpeg
48DBCBD2-1B59-45D5-AB53-78F51644C25D.jpeg
0C615DE5-5987-4270-B762-EAA4E031C981.jpeg
51BABBA0-81BF-4665-A8BD-89968D1A7C79.jpeg

Some photos of him.
Had to switch out paper again. Daily thing 2 or 3 poop on paper always one in water dish little.
So responsive now

He’s doing well
cage is done. Humidity stays spot on ambient temps as well basking. I kept glass on doors because of the new location temps where not stable enough with mesh, so iv fixed pc intake fans on one side of the cage and vents on other. Also have the 4 Litre jug dripper on the side of cage on large hook, and it’s tube goes through drilled hole to clamps siliconed onto wall to the area with most pothos plant leafs are and drips down all them. Concrete back and bottom all waterproof, water doesn’t last seems to evaporate quickly i think from the airflow ( Note MASS majority of cage gets zero draft. The fans are up too and vents down on other side. Just keeps a nice flow of air through cage) if there is any build up from the dropper there are small pools added to the bottom then rid the water out of the pools and water the plants with it and wipe clean. Usually every 2 days.
BE1B8339-7C15-4BEE-AA7F-862F85E8DF30.jpeg

6767C228-4D5A-4D82-B5DA-10AE36081E12.jpeg

1E2CAD36-A637-4674-9B46-BA34891F2F50.jpeg

0AE5F7FD-BF97-4B73-A43C-113CEFE01446.jpeg

CDBC468E-5882-4215-B8B6-253A201CA233.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom