Reptisun 5.0 vs Iguana light 5.0?

ddejesus

I ordered a Zoomed 5.0 UVB bulb and received a ZooMed Iguana light 5.0. The company I ordered it from say its the same product (Reptisun 5.0 and Iguana light 5.0) only different packaging (to attract more buyers). I have also done a few web searches and found very limited information saying they are both the same light. Does anyone here know if these two are the same product?

i would check the specs on the UV output and compare it to a reptisun 5.0. most of the companies show a graph on the back of the box or in the details on websites. if they are the same then i dont see a problem.

I ordered a Zoomed 5.0 UVB bulb and received a ZooMed Iguana light 5.0. The company I ordered it from say its the same product (Reptisun 5.0 and Iguana light 5.0) only different packaging (to attract more buyers). I have also done a few web searches and found very limited information saying they are both the same light. Does anyone here know if these two are the same product?
Howdy,
The tubes (99.99% sure :)) are the same and it is a "marketing thing". It makes complete sense to me. I am curious though; what is actually printed on the tube itself?

I went to purchase a new 24" Reptisun 5.0 linear from LLL and a sales girl told me the same thing (i.e. they are one in the same). They had Reptisun in yellow packaging for all other sizes except 24". The 24" was in aqua packaging and had the iguana on it. They told me it was Reptisun just packaged differently for marketing, because iguana owners are looking for that or don't know that they need UVB. I believe specs are the same.

They are exactly the same.........

They are exactly the same. It is a marketing thing directed at Iguana owners. There were such big issues regarding iguanas and MBD that they packaged the lights to appeal to Iguana owners. With the explosion of the Chameleon hobby and similar widespread MBD issues, I would not be surprised if ZooMed was stupid enough to create a Chameleon 5.0 light.

I don't think so. Reptisun 5.0 is more expensive than Iguana light 5.0 in China. So there must be difference(s) between them.

ZooMed Inquiry.......

I just emailed ZooMed and asked them to tell me what the difference is. Their site says it may take a couple of days to respond. If and when they do, I will post the response here.....

I just emailed ZooMed and asked them to tell me what the difference is. Their site says it may take a couple of days to respond. If and when they do, I will post the response here.....

Even though I was pissed about ZooMeds 10.0 CFL killing my panther... I must give them credit for how well they handled a warrenty issue on my 18" 5.0. I sent it to them ground UPS on a monday and wednesday I had a new lamp sitting at my door. No questions asked, just send in the old lamp. Now if I had kept the reciept I wouldn't have needed to send them the lamp.

same thing just happend to me from LLL. is there any new updates on this subject? or are we sure that they are they exact same???

I would still return it and get the reptisun

ok do you still stand by the advice you just gave this guy without even knowing what your talking about for future members if you dont knpw what your talkin about please dont coment we all want to share acurate information not just idiots opions

i called LLL and they just told me it was marketing thing, i looks and the colr bandwith on the box and all the numbers and lines match. the bulb itself does say iggy 5.0.

i am not positive.i remember also receiveing some 5.0 iquanan zoomed bulbs last year from online.they told me it is a market label and the only difference is the label.i did some research.i am not positive what i found out,i remember the inguana bulb outputs more uva then the reptisun 5.0,i used them in combo just to be safe because all the info i got was from the woman at the online store.
like i said thats what i can remember it wasnt terribly important at the time.
i called zoomed that i remember and they told me they were the same but she sounded like she was lying.

I'm quite certain they are the same bulb, marketed differently. As a proof, Calcifer and Kermit the veiled chameleons have had no issues after using the bulb for more 8 months.

Back
Top Bottom