Reptilia gets too big

ColombianUnit

Dear users here on chameleon forums i dont wish to denounce any business, but when these businesses start to affect our well being and the well being of our chameleons and other exotic pets, I have a problem and we need to take a stand.

( just like the xbox announcement with no trading games the public made a out cry change was made)

the area of vaughn ONTARIO its getting to big to many big businesses, i am all for big business expanding its how towns grow into city,
But reptilia is starting to exploit its consumers with the purchase of crickets and worms, its the consumers who helped these business grow

Reptilia has turned too commercial a large part of their income comes from birthday parties think about 14$ a ticket plus 30 kids with parents plus add 2 parents for every kid and at least 3 mininum 3 parties a day (you do the math)

many of the people who have worked their have been let go (WHY YOU ALL ASK )

{FOR CHEAP LABOUR VOLUNTEERS THEY CO-OP WITH THE SCHOOLS PICKING KIDS WHO HAVE SOCIALIZING PROBLEMS MAKING THEM PICK UP AFTER THE ANIMALS FOR NO PAY}

Isn't Reptilia a zoo? Or an exhibit within a zoo up by Toronto?

It's not exactly a crime to charge more to enter a zoo. The costs of maintaining a large number of animals is stunning, they wouldn't be the only zoo to raise their ticket prices.

The small Seaquarium by my home is charging $33 per person, so I'd say you're getting a killer deal!

It's not exactly a crime to charge more to enter a zoo. The costs of maintaining a large number of animals is stunning, they wouldn't be the only zoo to raise their ticket prices.

The small Seaquarium by my home is charging $33 per person, so I'd say you're getting a killer deal!

I THINK I saw some information on Reptilia a while ago.

I'm pretty sure they are a company that brings boas, chameleons, beardies, and other reptiles of the sort to birthday parties and other events (or something like that) and sets up exhibits and educates you and lets you hold the animals. Like show and tell.

Maybe that's what they are?

the crime is not in the ticket sales they do like a nascar ring walk around, its pretty nice.

the crime is in the cost of food for our chameleons and other exotic pets
they raised the price of food dramatically 4 times in two years.
Also reduced the amount of crickets they over all carry at a time.

getting one small shipment to last the weak and have customers buying in bulk
to have more then the other that customers need the save food to provide for their pets in not at all fair

Our pets should not suffer or go hungry for a few days at the cost of big business

they have birthday parties their so ok do the math
overall cost to the parent 1200$
ticket for 30 individual kids at 12$ 360$
two parents for every kid 60 at15$ 900$
2460$
multiply multiple parties threw out the day 2460x3 friday sat and sunday their most busy days counting summer when kids have no school

((((((7380$$$)))))))) on a single day and add the factor they don't employ they only recruit volunteers so all you see are these shy kids awkward kids

That's still not a crime. It's a business, they'll charge as much as they can get away with. Pet stores are always going to charge more than feeder companies where you can order in bulk. I've never heard of other Canadian members having this problem, so I would start ordering crickets from wherever it is they're getting theirs. I'm not familiar with any, but I'm sure there are other sources for crickets who probably ship in bulk to your door for a lot less than buying them by the dozen at a store.

And how much their making on a party is irrelevant, because you don't know how much it costs to run their facility for a single day. I worked at a small local pet store and even we needed to make a minimum of $5,000 DAILY, just to keep up with the overhead costs. In AC alone, it was thousands daily. I don't want to know what it costs to upkeep a large facility of animals, especially a zoo, and it's probably astronomical. Out of that $7,000 from a party, they may only be making a few hundred in profit.

Back
Top Bottom