Reptibreeze Drainage

Yemen08

I have a work in progress design for a drainage system for a XL reptibreeze, would love to have a LLL cage but shipping is astronomical! Any comments, ideas or improvements would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Gaz

Attachments

• cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 662
looks good. try a bulk head for the bottom. it will seal it up nice. want to see pics when your done!

when I enquired about shippig it cost the same with cage plus shipping at one xl reptibreeze on its own over here! :confused:

I am currently working on a drainage system as well. I am making one for my custom made cage I made. I have not looked into the LLL cages but I really like my hand made cage versus any bought cage I have seen so far. The big plus wit custom made cages is you can make them to whatever size or however you want it. Also it doesn't look like a cage at all it looks more like a piece of furniture. For my drainage system I am using a material that is similar to a kitchen floor. I plan to attach it to all four sides of the underneath of the cage and have it at a sloping downward angle. Then there will be a 1/4 inch pipe connection at the end that will have a piece of pipe that runs unto a bucket. It's a lil bit hard to explain but when I am done today I wil post some pics of everything and u can see what I did.

when I enquired about shippig it cost the same with cage plus shipping at one xl reptibreeze on its own over here! :confused:

You can get a XL reptibreeze for £75 including delivery from surrey pet supplies,
if you get a LLL cage they add shippping cost on once order has been confirmed.

A modification of my initial idea , but still, please feel free to add improvement ideas :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 423
Yemen 08 - I am in a similar position to you.

I currently have a reptibreeze XL and shortly adding another one.

As my vivs are in my living room I want them to look respectable and not messy. Also, the other half will go mad if it looks untidy etc...

Where are you getting your perspex from?

I was thinking of getting a 4ft long coffee table (cheap) from somewhere like IKEA - I can then stand them side by side on the table. But now I am struggling for an idea to actually "drain" the vivs.

Not sure whether to have a collecting tray at the base of each viv - or whether to create a system where they both drain into a single location.

I have just completed my new drainage system and it works great. It also only cost me like $5. I was able to buy it all at lowes. I haven't had time to takes some pics of it yet but I can already tell its going to be much easier to empty the excess water now. Also it's going to keep everything much cleaner.

Getting the perspex from leekes, only need 60 x 60cm, not costing me more than £10. I too am looking for a cheap coffee table or preferably a bedside cabinet with a door so i can hide the waste bucket. Want a cheap one so i can make a hole in the top to make room for the plug and pipes.

Getting the perspex from leekes, only need 60 x 60cm, not costing me more than £10. I too am looking for a cheap coffee table or preferably a bedside cabinet with a door so i can hide the waste bucket. Want a cheap one so i can make a hole in the top to make room for the plug and pipes.

Is the Perspex on their website?

I have just completed my new drainage system and it works great. It also only cost me like $5. I was able to buy it all at lowes. I haven't had time to takes some pics of it yet but I can already tell its going to be much easier to empty the excess water now. Also it's going to keep everything much cleaner.

I am very keen to see what you have done!

Is the Perspex on their website?

I'm afraid their website is very finished product friendly, none of the building materials are on the website, I should imagine that the majority of hard ware stores like B&Q, homebase, leekes etc will sell sheets of perspex but they don;t tend to put them on their sites.

Your homemade Drainage

I realize this post is old but did you ever post pictures? I need to make something but I have very little space to put it.

I realize this post is old but did you ever post pictures? I need to make something but I have very little space to put it.

I have a reptibreeze and right now I basically decided I'm just gonna take some wood maybe a 2x4 and make a square with a good width and just place on top and a bin under the tank with some drainage holes at bottom of tank

So, the reptibreeze goes on top of the wooden frame? What does the wooden frame sit on?

My tank is up high on a dresser next to a bookshelf. I have my dripper up on bookshelf with hose coming down to cage which will sit ontop of my wooden frame where I'll place a bucket in it. I can easily lift or move my cage if needed

Back
Top Bottom