Reptasun??

kpritch17

I was in a local pet store yesterday just browsing around and I saw what I though were reptisuns. I went up to see the pricing, but when I got closer I saw that it was actually a reptasun (not reptisun) made by flukers. I didn't buy any, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of these or had any experience with them??

edit: It was a linear uvb bulb...reptasun 5.0

They're a knock off from the original reptisun, made by a different company, but they should work just fine.

Why not go with a regular reptisun though? Same price probably.

They're a knock off from the original reptisun, made by a different company...Why not go with a regular reptisun though?...
Howdy,

You are right that they are made by a different company. Fluker's doesn't have access to the special phosphor formula that ZooMed has been so lucky to have hit upon. Really, it's not far from the truth that "it's all in the phosphor" :). If, for example, R-Zilla had ZooMed's phosphor when they came out with their tubes a few years ago, they would have never killed and injured all of those reptiles :(. Fluker's tubes may be fine or may be far from it. There just isn't any good data available to help us evaluate their effectiveness and safety :eek:. I like your recommendation that it's better to stick with the real ZooMed Reptisun 5.0 linear tubes :).

Don't get it. I bought two one time, and within a week, one stopped turning on, but the other still works. I think you should stick with the Reptisun.

If your talking about REPTASUNPLUS then its that UV that the Australians make, I think.

I used it and will never use it again, gave ALL of my chameleons problems with their eyes, both adult female veileds kept eyes shut after a week of that uvb aswell as a young 2 month old male veiled. When I noticed this I completly stopped using them and the chams recovered after about a week.

Thanks for the info!

I wasn't planning on buying one..I'm perfectly happy with reptisun. I was just wondering for my own knowledge if they were safe or if anyone had any experience with them because I had never heard of this type.

Back
Top Bottom