Repost: My new Jacksons with pics

Chameleonbeeb

Heres some pictures of my new jacksons chameleon MOOSE. Ive had him for about a week now , and when I brought him home...realized he actually turns crazy striped colors like an army green and forest green and at night he gets lime green ...hes been stressed out so far but Im hoping his greens lighten up . If anyone has any advice for me I would appreciate it I have been thuroughly studying for the past couple weeks but I'd love to know anything else I don't! Im hoping to clean his cage and take him out in the sun for a bit next week for the first time.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 60
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 62
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 112
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 64
  • photo 3-1.jpg
    photo 3-1.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 80
heres some more pics

Attachments

• photo 4-1.jpg
    photo 4-1.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 73
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 62
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 62
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 53
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 89
He looks great--overall he looks nice and healthy.
You have lots of leaves for hiding, which is good and he is obviously eating--another good sign.
If you make sure that he stays hydrated, is kept in the temperature range he needs (lower than Veileds, etc.) and are careful to feed him a varied diet of gutloaded insects without overdoing it on the supplements (Jackson's can only handle about 1/2 as much supplement dusting as Veileds and Panthers), then he should have a nice healthy life with you.
It is normal for chams to be a lighter color when they sleep.
He looks like he will have a nice darker green head and lighter green body.
A very handsome fellow!

Have a look at this caresheet for some more info:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

Blue Bottle flies, Phoenixworms, silkworms, crickets, hornworms, Dubias and even a few superworms can all be parts of his diet.
When you take him outside, be aware that you can't leave him alone for even a minute. Birds, cats and other predators find chams tasty plus they can walk away very quickly when you're not looking.
Natural sunlight is great for chams. Some people have an outdoor enclosure with sturdier wire on the outside to allow their chams to sun safely.

wow thanks a lot that really helps! This is what Im doing so far for feeding
I have the calciium without d3 that i lightly dust on his crickets so that it doesnt irritate his eyes i noticed it hurts when theres a good amount of dust so i did that. and I also gave him a multivitimin yesterday to last him for the month of that. Right now Im feeding him gutloaded crickets and small roaches but I will be ordering him some small/medium silkworms and hornworms to also add and will be trying to feed him a few meal worms in the meantime to give him variety. let me know if thats ok

Yes, that is fine. Mealworms and waxworms can be fed but just less often than most other feeders.
It is important to just lightly dust the feeders. Too much--particularly with the D3 or multivitamin is harmful.
You do have to check your multivitamin because some of those have D3 and some brands make multi with D3 and a multi without D3 but the same name.
(Reptivite to name one.)
I should add that the commercial gutloads really aren't good. Fresh veggies, etc are needed for good nutritious feeder gutloading.

Back
Top Bottom