Repashy Calcium Plus LoD

I use this supplement once a week for my adult male Jackson's chameleon and just wanted to make sure I am using the right amount. He never gets any natural UV light, only artificial. Is that how much I should be using it? The ingredients and nutritional values of the supplement are below.

INGREDIENTS: Calcium Carbonate, Dried Kelp, Brewer’s Dried Yeast, RoseHips, Calendula Flower, Marigold Flower, Paprika, Hibiscus Flower, Algae Meal, Turmeric, Rosemary Extract, Natural Fruit Flavor, Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Methionine Hydroxy Analogue Chelate, Manganese Methionine Hydroxy Analogue Chelate, Copper Methionine Hydroxy Analogue Chelate, Selenium Yeast, Potassium Iodide. Vitamins: (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. .2%, Crude Fat min. .2%, Crude Fiber max. 4%, Moisture max. 8%, Calcium min. 17%, Vitamin A min. 80,000 IU/lb, Vitamin D min. 8,000 IU/lb, Vitamin E min. 8,000 IU/lb. (typo…… E should be 800iu.lb

Last edited:
Not every day for montane species.
I use it 2-3 times a week VERY LIGHTLY but only on the crickets (or dubia if I'm not feeding crickets that week). That would be on only about half the feeders. I don't use any other supplement on other days. This is the schedule I got from the breeder and it has worked well for me. The only thing I do different is give my Jackson's natural sunlight weekly weather permitting.

Not every day for montane species.
I use it 2-3 times a week VERY LIGHTLY but only on the crickets (or dubia if I'm not feeding crickets that week). That would be on only about half the feeders. I don't use any other supplement on other days. This is the schedule I got from the breeder and it has worked well for me. The only thing I do different is give my Jackson's natural sunlight weekly weather permitting.
Okay! I'll start using the supplement more. I wish I could get Newt out for some natural sunlight but he acts traumatized whenever I try to get him out of his cage. Do you have any tips to help him get used to me?

@JacksJill just curious do you use that schedule for the little ones too? I took in a little jacks and have been super lightly dusting most of his feedings, he is growing like a weed and planned on backing down on dusting as he got older?!? Sorry I am totally not trying to steal your thread @Zan❤sChams!!

@hopps31 How little? I did that schedule from 6 mos on. Merujack started them on that schedule. She was very insistent that any crickets they were fed be dusted. She also fed fruit flies and silkworms. I would alternate with plain calcium if you have to feed crickets everyday and go very lightly. They shouldn't change color.
@Zan❤sChams I believe it is a matter of getting very tiny amounts of supplement in regularly rather than tons at once.
I don't think that the little horned ones take to handling as well as the panthers do but they tolerate it. I put my hand that I want them on under and in front of them and herd them on to it with my other hand. My avatar used to hate it but now unless he's somewhere he really wants to be he goes along with it. I have everything set up so the amount of stress is as short as possible. I have the outdoor cage open and ready and once he's in the sun he's over it. It took time but now he just acts like it's his other territory. If I'm going to weigh them or photograph them I do it at the same time and everything ends with them sitting in real sunlight.

@hopps31 How little? I did that schedule from 6 mos on. Merujack started them on that schedule. She was very insistent that any crickets they were fed be dusted. She also fed fruit flies and silkworms. I would alternate with plain calcium if you have to feed crickets everyday and go very lightly. They shouldn't change color.
@Zan❤sChams I believe it is a matter of getting very tiny amounts of supplement in regularly rather than tons at once.
I don't think that the little horned ones take to handling as well as the panthers do but they tolerate it. I put my hand that I want them on under and in front of them and herd them on to it with my other hand. My avatar used to hate it but now unless he's somewhere he really wants to be he goes along with it. I have everything set up so the amount of stress is as short as possible. I have the outdoor cage open and ready and once he's in the sun he's over it. It took time but now he just acts like it's his other territory. If I'm going to weigh them or photograph them I do it at the same time and everything ends with them sitting in real sunlight.

Very, very little you can not even tell the powder is on there, I do days with nothing as well. I think I will just switch to your schedule, he is about 5 months old so he is not really little!! Thanks again for your help, and good luck @Zan❤sChams on getting your little man to come out easier!!!

Back
Top Bottom