Removing from cage

Hugh Wahl

Hey all, so ever time I try to get kobalt from his tank it takes me like twenty mins. I have to corral him into a corner or chase him around. I don't like the stress it causes and I don't like to grab him as he really gets pissed. I just want to shorten the time it takes to get him out. Yesterday we had good weather but couldn't get his ass outta the cage, so he never got to enjoy it. Does anybody have any tricks they use to get pesky chameleons out of there cages.

Well mine just walks out on my hand but not in the beginning! Have you tried opening the door and letting him crawl out on his own? What about setting a large potted plant outside the open cage door? Let him crawl on that and then remove him on the plant outside!! Also try getting him to climb on a stick. These are just some suggestions that worked for me. I never backed him in a corner though, even back in the days when he wasn't all that cooperative!

If he loves a certain food item you can try hand feeding him. And get him to move out of the cage while holding said item. Make him walk out onto a stick or plant then allow him to feed. Then move him outside.

I agree with both. I got an awesome idea from a screameleons video get his attention with one hand and then use your other and he should just let you glide it under him works on el grumpo when i take him out my other chams just seem to climb on and enjoy the ride.

Have you tried opening the door and letting him crawl out on his own? What about setting a large potted plant outside the open cage door? Let him crawl on that and then remove him on the plant outside!!

I found those to be the easiest as well.

If he loves a certain food item you can try hand feeding him. And get him to move out of the cage while holding said item. Make him walk out onto a stick or plant then allow him to feed. Then move him outside.

Thats how I gained Rangers trust. You need to reward them for trusting you. Also its a bribe. So win, win.

Back
Top Bottom