Red light???????

JDUBK

Hey guys now that its winter and is so cold here in the desert I was thinking about using a Red glass bulb is this okay?

Just use a ceramic heat emitter. Even though it is a red light, it is still a light.

Just use a ceramic heat emitter. Even though it is a red light, it is still a light.

Right but it gets a little warmer and its okay to have until I get the ceramic right?? I don't want to over look even the slightest thing I mean I love these guys wouldn't want to hurt them from my stupidity.

Right but it gets a little warmer and its okay to have until I get the ceramic right?? I don't want to over look even the slightest thing I mean I love these guys wouldn't want to hurt them from my stupidity.
So use a thermostat? I think that's what they are called. :eek:

Oh wait I misread that. Uh, I really wouldn't use the red light. Short term you can use it, but long term I would not.

can you use one of those on the mesh enclosures-the ceramic? *putting it a few inches above the cage*

can you use one of those on the mesh enclosures? *putting it a few inches above the cage*
I don't see a problem with it, unless the mesh is plastic or something that can melt... though it shouldn't get that hot.

Careful monitoring could assure no accidents, but be careful.

Go with this suggestion.

If you have a typical screen cage, the ceramic heat emitter on top will be fine. I would not use the red light. Keep a check on the temps to make sure it's not getting to hot.

Hey guys now that its winter and is so cold here in the desert I was thinking about using a Red glass bulb is this okay?

Hey dude, as long they are indoors and the temperature does not go below 65F. I think they will be ok...

if not red light, which light should u use for night time???

they should not need any lights at night..they sleep at night....only use a heat lamp that produces no light , if the temps get below 65...

if not red light, which light should u use for night time???

What watt is your day basking bulb? If your basking light isn't producing the correct temp at the basking perch you could simply use a larger watt bulb that will put out more heat. Again, measure the temp at the basking perch so you don't get it TOO hot. Burns are not OK.

If your room really gets colder than 65 at night you could use a small ceramic heat emitter on a thermostat. If the room only gets down to around 65 don't use any extra heat. It isn't really necessary as long as your cham can bask every day.

What watt is your day basking bulb? If your basking light isn't producing the correct temp at the basking perch you could simply use a larger watt bulb that will put out more heat. Again, measure the temp at the basking perch so you don't get it TOO hot. Burns are not OK.

If your room really gets colder than 65 at night you could use a small ceramic heat emitter on a thermostat. If the room only gets down to around 65 don't use any extra heat. It isn't really necessary as long as your cham can bask every day.

i have a 75 watt light, it gets around to around 85. so i dont use any light at night?

A heat emitter for nighttime temp drops of less than 65* F. If your house is not going below this temperature then they don't need anything else as long as they can warm up during the day under their normal basking bulb.

They sell these online or at your local pet stores.

Back
Top Bottom