Red feet... Irritated?

chameleon97

I just noticed that all 4 of my veiled's feet are red. there is usually some water on the bottom of her cage (i soak up as much as i can with a shamwow) and she stands in it... like shes relieving pain... theyre redish orange.

Do you need me to fill out the How to ask for Help form?
Any antibiotics i can use?
Do you need pictures?

-Steve

Yes, posting pics would be useful! How old is she? Adult female veiled's feet (dunno about males) do have an orangy tint to them. Here's a pic of the sole of Lily's foot. Does it look like this?
Foot.jpg

How old is she?

Hmmm.... 1 yearish

Does it look like this?

Well... It seems darker than that... That picture is hard to tell that there is any orange... (Im colourblind... Its very inconvenient sometimes)

I will try for a picture. Right now shes MAD, so maybe later

Do you use artificial branches? Sometimes the color comes off onto their feet.

Honestly, I am all for natural branches. The constant diameter difference of each differing branch gives their feet a good range of motion and prevents sores.

Post pics if you can, but do whatever is nessesary to keep the cage floor dry, especially if your lizard makes a habit of staying on the floor. That is a little unusual in itself though and might be worth looking into. A wet enviroment is not good for it. :)

whenever i hear foot problems the first question that comes to mind, is it a home built cage with galvanized (zinc) hardware cloth, if yes, there is good chance its zinc poisoning , if no, then its probably something less serious like staining or a minor irritation or even minor infection , either way, its better than zinc poisoning

Back
Top Bottom