Recommended UVB lights for Veiled Chameleon

elephanto2

Hey,

just want some recommended UVB lights for my Veiled Chameleon. I know Reptisun and Arcadia are the best brands. I preferably want to get a Arcadia T5 but which one would be best suited? For example, what % as I have heard different stuff from different people. I have had people tell me that an Acradia D3+ Reptile Lamp T5 12% UVB is a good one to go for. But isn't this for a desert animal? I just need some more clarification. Thanks.

Hey,

just want some recommended UVB lights for my Veiled Chameleon. I know Reptisun and Arcadia are the best brands. I preferably want to get a Arcadia T5 but which one would be best suited? For example, what % as I have heard different stuff from different people. I have had people tell me that an Acradia D3+ Reptile Lamp T5 12% UVB is a good one to go for. But isn't this for a desert animal? I just need some more clarification. Thanks.

Hey buddy. So I use the 12% Arcadia’s, however my lights are suspended above the enclosures I use them for. I would suggest you be cautious using the 12% unless you have a Solarmeter and can read the output uvi.

I would play it safe and get the 6% Arcadia, especially if you’re using a single bulb fixture. Unless you plan to suspend the light fixture stick with the 6%.

Getting a solarmeter is the best way to know what UVB bulb to get. If your enclosure is heavily planted with lots of shade and hiding places you're probably okay with a 12%. If it's a little more sparse, 6% would be better.

I also use the 6%...or 5.0 for my Veileds.
It sits right on top of my REPTIBREEZE cage and puts out about a 4 on my UVB meter at the branches

Back
Top Bottom