Recommendations for T5 Fixture(s)

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
From my previous question about UVB coverage, it looks like I'll be needing a 48" T5 fixture with reflector for (at least) a Reptisun T5 5.0 bulb (or Arcadia 6%).
  1. Would it make sense (what are the pros & cons) to get a dual fixture, and put the UVB in one side and some type of plant bulb in the other (if so, what type)?
  2. Would such a single plant light tube be sufficient for a 48"H enclosure, or will still more plant lighting be necessary (in general; I know it partly depends on what plants are used. Still working on that.)
  3. Any recommendations on a fixture with reflector(s) other than Sunblaster?
  4. Further input welcome. Basking light is covered, and I've digested the site Resource material and many threads on lighting.
Thanks

Hi klyde, depending on the plants and how bright your room gets, you may want a supplemental LED bulb for plants and general brightness.

Sorry I am rushing because I gotta get my kids ready to go ATM. I have several Arcadia light fixtures 48" quad and dual. If you're interested I could sell you one for a good price I'm trying to clear out some of my stuff.

My above post timed out...

1) yes, many use quads and even six bulb fixtures with plant lights. It depends on your set up. The 6500k t5ho plant bulbs are what most use in their fixtures.

2) the t5ho plant bulbs are nice, but this is why I recommended an LED. with a dual fixture you may prefer more brightness, same with the plants.(depending on if you have a window in the room and as you mention, which plants)

3) my experience is with Arcadia, maybe @nightanole has some input here.

4) my further input... adding LED grow bulbs, if I was to do it again, I'd probably have my uvb, basking, and then LED's for plant growth/brightness. Nothing wrong with the T5 plant bulbs as additional light either.

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Agrobrite-FLT24-Fluorescent-System/dp/B002JQBQZQ

Its got a good name brand ballast (thingy that controls/regulates the bulbs).

6500k/6400k i go with the zoomed ultrasuns. Im still running the original set i bought in 2012. You have to shop around to find a good price.

Though at this point i think quads are outdated, and should be replaced with 1 T5HO UVB, and the rest with 6500k/6400k led grow lights :p

SO you could do a dual, one uvb and one 6400k, and then some grow leds if you have something high light like a hibiscus

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Agrobrite-FLT24-Fluorescent-System/dp/B002JQBQZQ

Its got a good name brand ballast (thingy that controls/regulates the bulbs).

6500k/6400k i go with the zoomed ultrasuns. Im still running the original set i bought in 2012. You have to shop around to find a good price.

Though at this point i think quads are outdated, and should be replaced with 1 T5HO UVB, and the rest with 6500k/6400k led grow lights :p

SO you could do a dual, one uvb and one 6400k, and then some grow leds if you have something high light like a hibiscus

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that, I've been liking the idea of led+dual uvb/t5ho. Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom