Receptive / Gravid photo thread

As neither of my girls has been receptive or gravid in a very long time, I can only share old pics.
Grumpy (Yes, it was so long ago that I still used fake plants!) Hasn’t laid in 2 years now!
View attachment 319161View attachment 319162View attachment 319163
Stella - It’s been one year since she laid. (I think because she found Hammlet was living next to her and snuck peeks at him - 2nd pic)
View attachment 319164View attachment 319165View attachment 319166
As neither of my girls has been receptive or gravid in a very long time, I can only share old pics.
Grumpy (Yes, it was so long ago that I still used fake plants!) Hasn’t laid in 2 years now!
View attachment 319161View attachment 319162View attachment 319163
Stella - It’s been one year since she laid. (I think because she found Hammlet was living next to her and snuck peeks at him - 2nd pic)
View attachment 319164View attachment 319165View attachment 319166
does the second photo with the dark blue dots mean receptive or gravid? my cham has been receptive and just showed those dark blue dots for a min! was she stressed or does it mean gravid ?

does the second photo with the dark blue dots mean receptive or gravid? my cham has been receptive and just showed those dark blue dots for a min! was she stressed or does it mean gravid ?
For Grumpy, when her dots darkened from teal to dark blue, she was gravid. Each girl seems to have her own patterns though. The day that Grumpy laid her first clutch, she was actually very pale, almost gray. Stella gets darkened everywhere, but never turns black like some girls do. Take lots of pics and keep track of what your girl’s colors and patterns are and that should help you figure out her unique signs. Stella has never really lost her patterns and always looks plump. This morning she brightened up her colors to orange and teal and escaped her enclosure to take a walk on top so she could try to sneak peaks at her forbidden love Hammlet. Since it’s hard to go by her color intensity, from her behavior I’ve got to assume she’s receptive. A few weeks ago I thought she would be laying soon based upon her weight. Sometimes it’s just a guessing game and we just have to always be prepared.

For Grumpy, when her dots darkened from teal to dark blue, she was gravid. Each girl seems to have her own patterns though. The day that Grumpy laid her first clutch, she was actually very pale, almost gray. Stella gets darkened everywhere, but never turns black like some girls do. Take lots of pics and keep track of what your girl’s colors and patterns are and that should help you figure out her unique signs. Stella has never really lost her patterns and always looks plump. This morning she brightened up her colors to orange and teal and escaped her enclosure to take a walk on top so she could try to sneak peaks at her forbidden love Hammlet. Since it’s hard to go by her color intensity, from her behavior I’ve got to assume she’s receptive. A few weeks ago I thought she would be laying soon based upon her weight. Sometimes it’s just a guessing game and we just have to always be prepared.
TYSM! I appreciate all the info xx

She’s getting a big girl 😍
Love her even if it's just one way 🤣🤣

E0F4F995-D68D-4513-B595-63B669650456.jpeg

Last edited:
My veiled chameleon just had her second lay the last month or so, her first lay her colors disappeared within about a week, with her second lay it took almost a month. I began to get worried because I thought maybe she had retained an egg, but after a lengthy period of time her coloration returned to normal. I don't have any pictures from this period just because I've been leaving my chameleons alone for the most part aside from feedings, I rarely hold them anymore let alone photograph them unless it's out of necessity.

My veiled chameleon just had her second lay the last month or so, her first lay her colors disappeared within about a week, with her second lay it took almost a month. I began to get worried because I thought maybe she had retained an egg, but after a lengthy period of time her coloration returned to normal. I don't have any pictures from this period just because I've been leaving my chameleons alone for the most part aside from feedings, I rarely hold them anymore let alone photograph them unless it's out of necessity.
As far as I know, the coloration is different with every female and the one looses it quickly again and the other one keeps their receptive colors. Mine lost hers quickly after her first clutch. Second clutch colors became more intense and almost stayed completely. After the third clutch she kept her colors, a bit more dulled but the blue and oranje markings stayed.

As far as I know, the coloration is different with every female and the one looses it quickly again and the other one keeps their receptive colors. Mine lost hers quickly after her first clutch. Second clutch colors became more intense and almost stayed completely. After the third clutch she kept her colors, a bit more dulled but the blue and oranje markings stayed.
So cool. I'm looking forward to seeing her future changes.

She’s and it’s just amazing……never expected this.
How’s Kali doing in her receptive phase? (She’s receptive if I’m not wrong 🙈)
Kali is doing great! She’s still got her beautiful colors. I haven’t seen her be restless though…not once. I’m hoping 🙏🤞 she still has time before laying. She’s still such a petite girl…only 30 Gms.

Back
Top Bottom