Receptive / Gravid photo thread

Sonny13

Chameleon Enthusiast
I would like to dedicate a whole photo thread for gravid / receptive colourations. I´ve noticed that every time she goes in her cycle she gets prettier colours and they´re staying longer / don´t go away any more. Our girls are just so pretty and amazing when receptive or gravid and they deserve their own thread, so please share!!

Bella´s first time colours

gf9845.jpg

Bella´s colours after her third time (still suffering her ´pregnancy´ oedema)

Bella1.jpg

As neither of my girls has been receptive or gravid in a very long time, I can only share old pics.
Grumpy (Yes, it was so long ago that I still used fake plants!) Hasn’t laid in 2 years now!
2CE52987-342A-40EE-B9A2-7CA4BF0ED67B.jpeg 443149EE-E7D8-41EE-AC74-061AF7EF6210.jpeg 4B2409DB-5906-42C2-80FE-E5561FE97218.jpeg
Stella - It’s been one year since she laid. (I think because she found Hammlet was living next to her and snuck peeks at him - 2nd pic)
3E8FC1B7-162F-46A9-BA11-55A76831E236.jpeg E5D469E0-627B-4FC9-9797-139AD09609E6.jpeg 543B4418-8F2B-4974-9872-08986F1F67D5.jpeg

Both are beautiful 😍. Do they still got their colors? Hopefully Bella stops laying eggs one day. 2 years amazingly long 👍🏻

Both are beautiful 😍. Do they still got their colors? Hopefully Bella stops laying eggs one day. 2 years amazingly long 👍🏻
Stella has kept her patterns/colors but Grumpy has faded to just very slight mustard marks with almost invisible dots. I think Stella is currently gravid as she’s getting darker, gained weight and is starting to check out the bottom of her enclosure. I have no idea what Grumpy’s reproductive system is doing. Her weight went up, now is going down and she’s really lumpy, but no other signs of being gravid. I’ve been thinking of taking her to the vet just for some radiographs to see what is going on inside. I know it’s unusual, but I wonder if she’s reabsorbing her eggs.

Stella has kept her patterns/colors but Grumpy has faded to just very slight mustard marks with almost invisible dots. I think Stella is currently gravid as she’s getting darker, gained weight and is starting to check out the bottom of her enclosure. I have no idea what Grumpy’s reproductive system is doing. Her weight went up, now is going down and she’s really lumpy, but no other signs of being gravid. I’ve been thinking of taking her to the vet just for some radiographs to see what is going on inside. I know it’s unusual, but I wonder if she’s reabsorbing her eggs.
That should be very interesting to know what’s happening. Don’t know if it’s normal that they completely stop laying, under certain circumstances or if you can only reduce the amount and frequency of egg laying.

what’s reabsorbing?

You said..."That should be very interesting to know what’s happening. Don’t know if it’s normal that they completely stop laying, under certain circumstances or if you can only reduce the amount and frequency of egg laying"..I have stopped veileds from laying altogether by following the diet and temperatures I've been telling people about for years now...you just have to go far enough without causing them to starve...you want to keep them healthy. They can be "turned back on" to reproduction by making appropriate changes to the diet as well. Most of my veiled females lived to be over six and very often over 7.

With Panther chameleons, I only went as far as decreasing the size of the clutches. I never pushed it further with them.

WOW! Beautiful--- I missed something somewhere, you have 5 different species now? Purchasing ticket to visit :cool: Just kidding!
I am now thinking you are living in their habitat. Make sure they feed you well. (y)
Buddy you’re always welcome, got a guest room and I could tourist you through Holland.
Jip, 5 different species and absolutely happy with every species, non has my privilege 😇

LOL--Just checked family history 7 generations (no chameleons) but 1/2 of family from Austria-Hungary not too far--about 900 plus miles away. haa haa
other 1/2 from Italy near Camerano Bay.. small world / We are almost brothers. :LOL: (y) Me older, so give me your Parson's. J/K

Back to reality-- fantastic work with all your chameleons. Thanks!

LOL--Just checked family history 7 generations (no chameleons) but 1/2 of family from Austria-Hungary not too far--about 900 plus miles away. haa haa
other 1/2 from Italy near Camerano Bay.. small world / We are almost brothers. :LOL: (y) Me older, so give me your Parson's. J/K

Back to reality-- fantastic work with all your chameleons. Thanks!
Austria, Hungary and Italy are some beautiful places to live. Lots of mountains and lakes...... Camerano Bay been there once, also beautiful, however I prefer west side of Italy. Me older, so give me your Parson's. J/K 🤣 No props, we can arrange a co-brothership 😂

Back
Top Bottom