Receptive Behaviour

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
For the past couple of weeks Pixie has refused all food offered apart from a couple of calciworms. She displays the same behaviour as my female Veiled used to when I believed she was receptive - pacing around and ignoring food, climbing onto my hand/arm at any opportunity. How long, roughly, should I expect her to be like this? She has lost 2g during this time and is still drinking and acting normally and showing her normal pretty peachy colour. Her cheeks and head go very green when I allow her out of her viv. To me, having had several chams int he past, she doesn't look nor act sick, but I'm getting frustrated at her lack of interest in food!

My female panthers got a very peachy color only when receptive. It lasted 2 to 3 weeks. I sure hope little Miss Pixie is ok.

My Panthers also go very light colors when they're receptive. And then when they're gravid they get really dark. Usually mine tend to slow down eating when they're ready to lay eggs. Also I noticed some locales actually are different. I'm sure you'll have a lot of advice. Good luck hope she's doing alright

20170224_092234.jpg

Such a beautiful lady! She doesn't look receptive to me. Has she had a fecal lately? Sometime parasites make them not want to eat.

She's a Beauty
thanks! She's got a lot of green on her face for a female.

Such a beautiful lady! She doesn't look receptive to me. Has she had a fecal lately? Sometime parasites make them not want to eat.
Thanks Jann. She pooped today but I wasn't able to get it to the vets. Next time she poops i'll take it in. She had worms not long after I got her but she still ate back then.

Well, after yesterday's silkworm she has eaten a cricket today! I don't remember the last
20170226_144453.jpg
time she ate a cricket! Before her hunger strike she refused everything but supers. Her colours have changed today,shes more browny and her white lateral spots/markings are orangy!

Well, after yesterday's silkworm she has eaten a cricket today! I don't remember the lastView attachment 177235 time she ate a cricket! Before her hunger strike she refused everything but supers. Her colours have changed today,shes more browny and her white lateral spots/markings are orangy!
Sometimes my Panthers you have to break them. If you give them worms sometimes they refuse anything else afterwards period and you have to wait them out. Eventually those. Eating crickets and roaches again. I have a real problem with mine trying to get them to eat the roaches I had to put them on their backs so their legs kick around and then the heat them. Picky little buggers sometimes

A little update - today my daughter came round and got Pixie out. She took a waxworm from her hand followed by a silkworm from mine! I really hope she has decided not to eat in her viv, that would be a real pain the bum! No poop as yet to be tested, but she had worms not long after I got her. She didn't stop eating altogether with them like she has this time and she was loaded with eggs back then. Her treatment cleared her of everything so I really hope they've not come back again.

Back
Top Bottom