What’s good in the hood

I’m in a hurry and don’t have time to read it all, just saw that wax worms were being fed. I’m sure someone else addressed this already, but just incase… I probably wouldn’t even feed a female waxworms. Maybe just once or twice after laying eggs. Fat content makes worms so deceiving, they look small, but fat is over twice the calories of protein. So a few waxworms could quickly be too much and lead to obesity which is very bad for females especially.

I’m in a hurry and don’t have time to read it all, just saw that wax worms were being fed. I’m sure someone else addressed this already, but just incase… I probably wouldn’t even feed a female waxworms. Maybe just once or twice after laying eggs. Fat content makes worms so deceiving, they look small, but fat is over twice the calories of protein. So a few waxworms could quickly be too much and lead to obesity which is very bad for females especially.
Yes they’re not her main staple

So today was the first day I haven’t fed her and I’ve been feeling bad about it all day, I’m worried she won’t eat tomorrow … and I’ve had the fogged on tonight, her dripper all day and been spraying today but now she doesn’t want to drink, found no poop or urate in her enclosure today even though she drank a little bit yesterday … oh and she’s petrified of the fogger

Wow! Is it directly misting/fogging onto her or something? Maybe she’s ultra sensitive. ;)
I can take pictures where I’ve set it up but not it’s not directly on her, it’s near her but I set it up in an area she’s never slept before and tonight was the night she decides to change sleeping spots which is near it, will adjust tomorrow

and I’ve had the fogged on tonight, her dripper all day and been spraying today but now she doesn’t want to drink, found no poop or urate in her enclosure today even though she drank a little bit yesterday
This ain´t directly a bad thing, if the cham is fully hydrated they´ll refuse to the drink and could mean your girl is fully hydrated. I´ve seen my girl drink only in her younger days, when my fogger wasn´t setup properly. Now she gets a 1 minute shower (where she never sits in) at the moment the lights go on and half an hour before they switch off. I don´t use a dripper and use the fogger from 0.00 till 6.00am for 15 mins every hour. Her hydration is perfect, completely white with extra clear fluid. I´ve never seen her drink and she sits completely free range, I´m a big fogger fan and without it (plus without them having a preferred sleeping spot) I would have a big problem in my free range setup. But it´s all personal preference.

oh and she’s petrified of the fogger
I aim the fogger directly at her, so she sits in a complete cloud of fog for in total 90 minutes per night, spread over 6 hours. This I do with all my chams and non of them are petrified of it (during their sleep), but as @MissSkittles mentioned if the fogger starts to early in the evening, they´re not in a deep sleep yet and they can react to it.

Did you ever consider the large wiring mesh that holds your light fixtures for your chameleon are too large and are letting in more uvb rays thus heightening the chances of burn?

Sounds like she is getting ready to lay eggs! My panther quit eating four days prior then was famished after two days of laying. Also was all over the cage and sleeping in different spots too.

Back
Top Bottom