reccommend a thermostat please

foxymiche

hi all,

i need a new thermostat for my chams heat bulb. can anyone reccomend one that i could get on ebay?

thanks

thanks but thats alot more money than i have at the moment. seen alot on ebay for around £20-£30 but not sure what make/model is good for heat bulbs.

Hiya

Hiya.....Is this kent uk? I'm in UK too :D

If so then...Habistat or Microclimate are generally the makes people go for.
Then the choices are an ' on / off ' thermostat....a pulse one or dimmer
Yet another minefield to work out whats best for you :D

Oh and there is another one..ummm living rainforest or something but I think they are on / off and day & night only...( but I could be wrong :confused: )

ok thanks, ive seen the microclimate one on ebay but it only goes to 32 degrees C, thats not hot enough for a heat bulb is it? im a bit confused. ive never set up a stat before, always bought them 2nd hand and left the settings alone!

if you get a static thermostat,the lights will just constantly cycle on and off, if you get a proportional themostat, it will proportionaly dim your bulb to adjust the heat, in doing so, it will change the spectrum of your bulb as well , not a big deal, if you are using it for an infrared anyway , but would be an issue for a bright basking lamp. a better solution , particularly if you are on a budget is to choose more appropriate lighting for your cage , if you use bulbs that are barely strong enough (wattage wise) to achieve the temps you want , then no thermostat is required , a much simpler setup and saves you money to use on other cham issues,and less worry about heat build up, i am familiar with that cage and i would recomend getting the zoomed uva (although uva output is minimal) incandescent basking bulb (in 25-40w) depending on the species, ir's do not make the best cham basking bulbs anyway . it is commonly believed that there is a psycological benefit from a bright (but not cfl bright ) basking light, a single 25w uva basing light and a single reptisun 5.0 linear tube,will do you just fine , no thermostat required

Back
Top Bottom