Advice please

luke1407

Hi everyone,
I just started a new set up for hopefully a panther chameleon l, I'll include photos etc but I'm struggling to keep the. Day time humidity between 50%/60%, and my heat bulbs stuck at 25 degrees with a thermostat on. I tried 2 different bulbs can't regulate the basking temperature to 30 degrees stuck at 26ish. Is it the bulb holder maybe? I want the perfect condition before purchasing and unsure where I'm going g wrong? Pls help

Attachments

• Snapchat-2016507373.jpg
    Snapchat-2016507373.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi and welcome! I’m not familiar with panthers, so I’ll let others help you. I just wanted to commend you for getting things squared away in advance. Many of us did not, including myself. What wattage bulb are you using?

Hi and welcome! I’m not familiar with panthers, so I’ll let others help you. I just wanted to commend you for getting things squared away in advance. Many of us did not, including myself. What wattage bulb are you using?
I believe it's a 150 but running off a supposedly regulating the temperature at 33 Celsius but seems stuck at 26/29 at basking spot, is that okay?

I believe it's a 150 but running off a supposedly regulating the temperature at 33 Celsius but seems stuck at 26/29 at basking spot, is that okay?
27 is the recommended temperature for a panther chameleon so if you can keep it at that your temps are fine

For some reason I just saw this reply. I’ll let others advise you from here as I have a veiled Cham and temps are different for them. I just knew they would wanna know the wattage.

Hello there! Warmest welcomes to you! What humidity levels do you currently have? Are they too high or too low? What is the watt of your heat bulb? What are you using to measure the humidity and temps?

Welcome to the forum. I see a few other things you will want to adjust. Can you tell me what type of UVB fixture and bulb strength you are using? Looks like your branches are too far down for most UVB bulbs to put the cham in the right UVI level.
Is the bottom totally bioactive with clean up crew?

Your temps will change when we adjust your basking branches based on your UVB lighting. 150 wattage is way too strong. Your looking for a basking temp at the branch of 26-28 max because where they rise up will be hotter.

Daytime humidity for a panther would be a range of 40-50%. You will have different areas of humidity gradients. It will always be a lower humidity the closer to the lighting.

Back
Top Bottom