REAL Cham foot key chain on ebay

I don't think you can quite make that generalization about 'most' people. I have never met anyone who wouldn't try 'vegetarian' food. In fact, I've never met anyone who hasn't enjoyed a vegetarian meal. Now, I know people who won't eat certain dishes because of a certain ingredient, but I won't either! I don't eat meat but I'm picky about everything else I eat. If the veggie isn't prepared the way I like it, I won't eat it. Some make me gag if they are made any other way. Blah!

I go to a "Mexican" restaurant place here in down town San Diego named Pokey's, they serve vegan and vegetarian dishes. Their potato enchiladas are to DIE for and so are their potato Burritos, yum!

many of the synthetic alternatives are vastly superior....

Yes quite, we can synth any texture, no excuse to use the real thing, EXCEPTING, as an incidental byproduct of food production.

Croc feet back scratchers are not made from crocs killed solely for feet (at least I hope none have been!) and for all you know, the toad may have been killed for meat and the skin was turned into a purse to be sold so the skin didn't go to waste. Same idea.....

Still gross and disrespectful. In this case its still wasted, those non edible parts could be feeding other gators/crocs at the farm.

Cows killed for leather are generally killed only for their leather....

Not that Ive ever heard of, why waste a huge cattle carcass when you can make money from it? I dont think so.

But the fact that they are so hated by some of the population only means they are being effective....

I have to strongly disagree sadly. How effective is showing elementary school kids graphic videos of animal slaughter? You traumatise the kids, piss off the parents, and nobody is even vaguely interested in the message anymore. People who might have cared if approached in a more sensible manner, end up moronic idiots who cant help spouting pearls like 'I love steak' bla bla at every mention of their name.
I dont see success there sorry.

I don't think you can quite make that generalization about 'most' people......

He never said 'most' or implied it, you merely interpreted it that way.

Sadly people who have encountered Peta's looneys, tend to shut down their own minds and deliberately and entirely disregard anything peta does as lunacy. Herein is the damage peta do themselves.
When you strip it to bare bones, the foundation of their message is reasonable...
Ethical treament of other species that share our world.
Only closed minded idiots or those lacking any empathy for animals have an argument with that.
If peta wanted to prevent folk using chameleons as mini circus acts, nobody here would
rubbish that, why then deliberately ignore the even the basic message, just to get mindless kicks from peta bashing, and to feel good about yourself in the company of other unthinking fools.?

Think for yourselves, it's not illegal!

I think he did sir. Just in different words. See below.

That is your ethnocentric close-minded point of view. I don't think it's disrespectful at all. Think about more poverty stricken countries. Often times their culture is vastly different than ours. That includes what they eat and how they have to make a living. If a family somewhere needs to eat gators to live then they have to. Now, they can also make money off or the extra parts which can be sold to tourists. I don't see a problem with that at all. Why should I tell them they can't do it when I haven't even been able to greatly improve their means of income? I think it would be rather ignorant of me to even think of doing such a thing.

This is my opinion based on the origin of the material/object.

Cows killed for leather are generally killed only for their leather. Same with fur.

What annoys me about leather is that many of the synthetic alternatives are vastly superior to leather but the majority of shoppers will not purchase it because they think it isn't as good. But the same holds true with most vegetarian/vegan food. People refuse to even try it, even though it is far healthier, it doesn't destroy the environment, and a worldwide vegetarian diet would eliminate world hunger.

Bashing PETA is nothing new. People get a kick out of trashing a group that is only interested in protecting animals. Are they over zealous at times? Of course. Name one political group that isn't. But the fact that they are so hated by some of the population only means they are being effective.

[That is your ethnocentric close-minded point of view...]

Its my opinion, period. Insulting me till the cows come home wont change that, but intelligent thinking and meaningful argument expressing valid cause to accept the practice other than economics might yield you a surprising response.
Arguing for the sake of it makes for dull reading.

[think about more poverty stricken countries. Often times their culture is vastly different than ours. That includes what they eat and how they have to make a living. If a family somewhere needs to eat gators to live then they have to. Now, they can also make money off or the extra parts which can be sold to tourists...]

Were not talking about third world countries, its a product of the USA

http://www.chichesterinc.com/AlligatorProducts.htm

Cherrypicking your preferred context to your advantage merely confuses the conversation.
Thankyou for sharing your interesting views with me. :)

Last edited:
Creepy Lizards Foot: $2.25US.
Shipping and Handling: $2.23US.
Having matching accessories: Priceless.

Foot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom