random open mouth?

elesdee

As of the past couple days Lola has just been hangin around randomly with her mouth open. Is that a she's too hot thing or is it something else?

Is that happening when she is under her basking spot? If so, thats normal as it is there way to ventilate and cool down a bit. If its elsewhere in the cage and in cooler areas it may be signs of respiratory infection.

Sometimes i'll catch my little guy do that and I just spray a little bit of mist around the leaves and he chills out for a bit, but this only happens in his basking spot

She's been doing while she's under her basking spot. I figured if she was too hot she'd just move somewhere else? She hasn't been diggin around the base of her tree or anything so I don't think it's eggs.

How old is your cham and what is her basking spot? You can always raise or lower the bulb, or the branch or vine she basks on to lessen the temp or just change the bulb to a lower watt.

She's been doing while she's under her basking spot. I figured if she was too hot she'd just move somewhere else? She hasn't been diggin around the base of her tree or anything so I don't think it's eggs.

You wish...

It sounds like you need to reduce the temp at the basking spot a bit.

If they made it easy, it wouldn't be fun.

Also check your food size, if your crix are too big they might gape for a while after...

Cheers

Nam

Back
Top Bottom