Raising Cage Temp....

bigcappa

Avid Member
Hey Guys and Gals,
I currently don't use a reptisun 5.0 or any other tube lights, but my question for today is how much heat do they put off. I need to raise the temp, just a few degrees, of my 4x2x2 screen cage for my Boa. At the moment I'm currently using a space heater to raise the temp of the whole room. Also any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

-Dave

They really don't put off that much heat...They may help raise it a degree or two, but would not count on it as a heat source. Since Boas don't require UV, I would think that ths would be an expensive way to up the temp maybe a degree or two. I would recommend trying a ceramic heating element.., Or maybe some heat tape ran along the bottom, and up one side of the screen to help the ambient air temp. If I had the space I would love to make an Aboreal Habitat out of a large screen cage for my RTB. I would love to see a pic if you have one. Humidity may be another issue. You may want to get some kind of room humidifier for where you keep him.

~Joe

Thanks, SoCaliSon I guess ill get a che that is what i figured anyway, just figured I'd ask. Right now I'm digicam deprived but as soon as I have one I'll post some pics. Take Care

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom