Raiden falys

Texas Panther Man

Well after over a year of waiting they have finally arrived! All I could do was smile. They are too cool for words. First I want to thank Drew & Tamara with Chameleon Nation. You guys bred and raised some fabulous chams. Then I have to give a big thanks to Kevin/ChamAlley. He did all the paperwork and let me tag along for the ride. It was long and bumpy but we got what we wanted. :D:D

Something is wrong I cant upload pics at the moment but they are coming.:rolleyes:

Thanks man! It was totally worth it in the end. :D Can't wait to see the pics. That male is amaaazing. I hated to see him go. :eek: But wanted to make sure you got top pick of the flock. So glad you're happy. It's been wild, long, but in the end fun ride. :)

I think somethings up with the forum. I cant get my pics to upload for some reason. :confused:

Yeah I asked Brad to remove your rights to upload pictures on the forum. I am tired of always being jealous of your chameleons, and he agreed with me. Therefore, you can only upload Calyptratus pictures with a cellular made before 2003! Other species or better digital cameras are forbidden! :D

Yeah I asked Brad to remove your rights to upload pictures on the forum. I am tired of always being jealous of your chameleons, and he agreed with me. Therefore, you can only upload Calyptratus pictures with a cellular made before 2003! Other species or better digital cameras are forbidden! :D

Haha! Good one. No more Faly pics unless he's gonna share ;)

congrats i recenntly got my new nosy be from Tamara & Drew,they were great and so is my cham from them. i have been thinking hard about one of the falys tho.
raiden sure makes some good lookin chams.
cant wait to see the pics.
so you came to Ontario to get him? howd you like it?

Don't worry about it Tex! I've been having the same problem! But only with a certain camera witch happens to be my best one and has all the best pictures!! I'm sure his a stunner! Specially if his from Raiden blood line!! And Just like rest of your collection!;)

congrats i recenntly got my new nosy be from Tamara & Drew,they were great and so is my cham from them. i have been thinking hard about one of the falys tho.
raiden sure makes some good lookin chams.
cant wait to see the pics.
so you came to Ontario to get him? howd you like it?

No, Kevin/ChamAlley and myself went in on the cites permit to import some. It was a yr long ordeal with many ups and downs. But patience and the willingness of Drew & tamara to work with us paid off in the end.

I will try again today to upload the few pics i snapped after opening the box yesterday. Better pics are def coming. I'd like to get all the new guys out in the sun this afternoon if possible and shoot some good pics.

Attachments

• raiden falys 006.jpg
    raiden falys 006.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 162
  • raiden falys 002.jpg
    raiden falys 002.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 137
  • raiden falys 003.jpg
    raiden falys 003.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 134

That was classic! lol I seriously was saying I waited a friggin yr and now I cant even show people what i got. :D

I forgot to add first up was Razr son of Raiden. I havent named the females yet. ;):D

Haha i bet!! You must have been VERY excited!! Working on making things the right way, with all the paper work must have made you a lot more excited!!! But at the end, you definately got some nice chameleons!! @@

By curiosity, was it something expensive to get the papers done? Is it easier when you order several chameleons at once, or it's just as much hassle?

Ooo!! I really like!!! :D
Very cool pattern, I like that a lot more than some others I've seen. the girls are SO pretty too. Awesome. :)
If you're sticking with "R" names.. Hmm...
Roxy & Rayanne just popped into my head.
Or maybe a shaving theme? Venus & Gilette? Lol!
Maybe I'll keep thinking... Hahaha.

The permits & importation fees were exp. Its really only worth it if you get more than a few chams. I would have brought in more myself if I had the room. I'm just bursting at the seams now. But since I split the fees with Kevin it made it afforadable to do for me with me only getting three.

Thanks Echo. Im really loving this guy. He's already so relaxed and just chilled out. I like the Roxanne name. Maybe Roxy for short? Ive had this guy's name picked out for a while. Which is really unusual for me. Sometimes it takes me months to name em. lol

The permits & importation fees were exp. Its really only worth it if you get more than a few chams. I would have brought in more myself if I had the room. I'm just bursting at the seams now. But since I split the fees with Kevin it made it afforadable to do for me with me only getting three.

Thanks Echo. Im really loving this guy. He's already so relaxed and just chilled out. I like the Roxanne name. Maybe Roxy for short? Ive had this guy's name picked out for a while. Which is really unusual for me. Sometimes it takes me months to name em. lol

Well, you've HAD a year...!!! LOL. ;)
So how old are they? Are they all from Raiden/Nala?
I'm gonna go look at them again! :)

Oh, and on a side note, regarding cross border dealings, do you happen to know is it more expensive/troublesome to go US to canada than it is for
Canada to US? And does it have to be all from the same source? never know, you and I may have to do some mixing & matching someday.. :)

I believe from what Ive heard its easier for you guys to import into Canada than it is for us to import from Canada to the US. Again, Ive never done so, but thats what Ive heard.

You know the cites permits are going to prob be the same price. The chams could come from diff sources but would all have to go thru one source for final shipment. Like you could get some from 2 others and me and I could send all of them out thru me to you. You couldnt have three sep imports come in on the same permit. Hope you could follow that explanation.

Oh yeah all three are Raiden x Nala offspring. The male is around 1 yr old. The older female is around 7 or 8 months. The younger one around 5 months.

Last edited:
I getcha. That's actually what I was figuring. Except the easier this diffraction part - sounds like a giant P.I.T.A. either way, lol.
Anyways, yeah I was thinking that maybe that little female looked around my guy's size. Maybe they're clutchmates? Maybe he's older than I thought, maybe he was 4 months old when I got him?? You know, probably. We were emailing for a couple weeks there, and they were already on the website as 3-month-old-faly's. If you know a birthday for her, I'd love to have an actual date to keep track of.

Amazing! I cant wait to see outside pictures of all of your guys!

You and Kevin (Chameleonalley) may force me to get into Faly's

They look great. I am glad they got there in one piece. It was a very long wait. I wanted to get the outta here as bad as you guys wanted them.

It was nice to have open cages for a few days.

Enjoy the Raiden babies guys, as he is no longer with us:( . I have four clutches left in the incubator from him and I surely will be keeping babies from all of them.

They look great. I am glad they got there in one piece. It was a very long wait. I wanted to get the outta here as bad as you guys wanted them.

It was nice to have open cages for a few days.

Enjoy the Raiden babies guys, as he is no longer with us:( . I have four clutches left in the incubator from him and I surely will be keeping babies from all of them.

awww.... Really?? No way. that's SO sad.. So, so sorry guys. :(
I'm sure I'll be freeing up some more cage space for you soon enough. As suspected, I've become a little hooked. ;)
(p.s. If you're interested in seeing some updated pics of the little Raiden boy & mitsio I got from you, there's a couple threads a few lines down. They're both just awesome & gorgeous, thanks again.)

Back
Top Bottom