R.I.P Zwelgje

Remkon

Chameleon Enthusiast
After over 12 years of being my pride and joy Zwelgje has left me this weekend.

He had been declining food for a while and started to lose strength so I took him to a vet whom determined, as I feared, that he was just old and ready to die.

y3m1QY4LW5MVYsKRWC4FfYWENRM-PFC4YF23scFvZDziWHqW6P-Z1hmwEFbMAcFW2NdajnaY02K6fyMI8skmKFvrvvRcjKFewfLQT78HYsfv2yOu30xNX73HVFMJHIgtDpHN0KP_XRbeQwr4bZLWUq7Sh2MnKk6lmybMQGo0UNG8P4

This hurts more than I ever could have expected, I will miss him a lot.

:( Oh Remkon I've only just seen this, I'm so very very sorry, I can't imagine how you must feel, 12 years is a wonderful long time to share with an animal but also hard when they go.
Sorry for your loss :(

Sad. I'm so sorry. My family thought I was nuts when I mourned over my beardie girl I lost last month. But you get attached.

Thanks all!
He has been with me for a lot of the major moments in my life like graduating, moving out of my parents house, marriage and the birth of my daughter.

Nice name by the way- your own little dragon.
Ah so you know Ollivier B Bommel?

Sad. I'm so sorry. My family thought I was nuts when I mourned over my beardie girl I lost last month. But you get attached.
People don't get that a lot of us want a reptile out of passion and not because it's nice to have some company in the house.

It hurts just as much, if not more...

I'm really sorry Remkon, I can imagine your pain, hang in there, I sometimes wonder about and fear losing my panther- I'm devoted to him, as you say people don't get it and say well it's not like you lost a dog.
Pain will come- person, dog, reptile, mouse. He's been with you through the most important parts of your life.
It's very sad but you obviously cared amazingly well for him and because of you he led a long and healthy life.
P.S I'd love to say I knew the author but googled it- I used to learn german and it looked similar to a few words so wondered what it meant.
RIP your dragon

Back
Top Bottom