quick question

Modkrew

is it okay that my female VEILD eats leaves of my vicus that i have in her cage??? the male never eats leaf matter but my female alwyas is eatin chunks of the ficus tree...

IS THIS OKAY??

Sap of ficus can irritate eyes in panthers - not sure about Veileds, though.

I believe they are a bit toxic, but not unless your little girl eats the whole plant.

Sap of ficus can irritate eyes in panthers - not sure about Veileds, though.

I believe they are a bit toxic, but not unless your little girl eats the whole plant.

The sap of a ficus will bother the skin of most chams and even us humans. You don't want it in your eyes or your cham's eyes, no matter the type of chamleon.

Modkrew, it is OK for your cham to eat the leafs on her Ficus. Most veileds eat leafs. My male veiled used to trim his over grown Ficus when it got in the way of his patrol route along his vines... Yes I saw him doing this :D

I've read on here multiple times now about the ficus irritating the eyes of chams. Do the benefits out-weigh the risk of that? It seems otherwise that no one would use Ficus.

I've read on here multiple times now about the ficus irritating the eyes of chams. Do the benefits out-weigh the risk of that? It seems otherwise that no one would use Ficus.

it's minor irritation.
But, none the less, it's still an irritation that can get bothersome once in a while.
The benefit of having Ficus is due to the fact that it is quite hardy and does not seem to be a pest magnet other than gnats.

I honestly never use ficus for any of my panthers.
I use dwarf umbrella and hibiscus.
But, hibiscus is not easy to care.

My veiled don't like vegetables and he does not eat leaves too much either.
Strictly insectivores..

So now my 2ed question.... is the ficus GOOD for HER?? does it give her any good vitamins or anything like that???? i see her taking bites of leaf matter at leaste 4 times a day probably.... i mean she eats a good amount, and i feed her (GUT LOADED) crickets AT LEASTE one feeding per day, sometimes they eat twice a day. Talkin about like 10-15 crickets a feeding too. i keep my veilds plump :)

is the ficus good for her??

So now my 2ed question.... is the ficus GOOD for HER?? does it give her any good vitamins or anything like that???? i see her taking bites of leaf matter at leaste 4 times a day probably.... i mean she eats a good amount, and i feed her (GUT LOADED) crickets AT LEASTE one feeding per day, sometimes they eat twice a day. Talkin about like 10-15 crickets a feeding too. i keep my veilds plump :)

is the ficus good for her??

I am assuming there are no significant nutrients in Ficus beside moisture.
Hibiscus probably better than Ficus leaves nutrition wise.

It sounds like you may be over feeding the veileds, and yet the girl eats the ficus. It you continue to over feed her I think that will cause way large clutches of eggs and that can be really hard on their little bodies.:(

Back
Top Bottom