Female veiled showing spots

salish_31

I have recently noticed that my female veiled Cham estimated to be 3-4 months old keep on showing dark specks on her, is this okay? Should I be worried?

Attachments

• IMG_5236.jpeg
    IMG_5236.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 19
She’s kind of young to be sexually mature. Is she showing those spots and patterns all of the time, including while asleep? Have you seen any hints of color on her yet? Has she been very active and almost constantly roaming all over her enclosure?

She’s kind of young to be sexually mature. Is she showing those spots and patterns all of the time, including while asleep? Have you seen any hints of color on her yet? Has she been very active and almost constantly roaming all over her enclosure?
The spots are not all of the time. There isn’t really hints of color, and she isn’t super active. Usually just staying on her basking branch only coming down to eat. I sometimes see her on the wall of the cage near the lower portion of the cage. I think she is on the wall because I am improving and working towards adding more branches so she can self regulate temperature.

I have recently noticed that my female veiled Cham estimated to be 3-4 months old keep on showing dark specks on her, is this okay? Should I be worried?
WOW!!! Her colors are gorgeous!! I would say that she might be showing gravid colors, but I think she might be a little too young. Is there a bug loose in her enclosure? Sometimes they get stressed if there is a bug watching them. Do you keep her in a room with a lot of noise? Chameleons can get stressed if there are a lot of loud noises.

My guess for this situation is that she’s possibly showing defensive or stressed colors of some sort. Here’s my girl when she was younger with similar colors/patterns when she was mad. Could there be anything that she was defensive or stressed about? How much cover/branches does she have in her enclosure? Maybe she was stressed about not having enough cover or enough safe climbing spots?
IMG_4155.jpeg

According to my girl those are danger dots. Mine did it randomly sometimes a little while before being receptive. Doesn’t mean that’s the same case for you, just what mine did.

Edited: mine actually did it recently because I tried to give her a horn worm with calcium on it and apparently in her mind, that only belongs on roaches and crickets😂

Back
Top Bottom