Quick question for the Sansi users

I don't rest anything on the screen, lest it be damaged, warped, stretched out, etc.
Instead, I ran a couple of slats across the top—supported by the frame. The lights are attached to one slat, and rest on the other. Nothing contacts the screen itself.

1605017925464.jpeg

UVB is similarly supported by/on the frame.

1605018051536.jpeg

1605018066145.jpeg

Thanks I should’ve clarified it better in my OP. I was just wondering how folks were containing the extra light given off from the LEDs. I hope that makes sense...

Sorry, no—not following. Extra light? :confused:

Oh, wait... do you mean extraneous light shining into the rest of the room?
We have that from both enclosures; we pretty much ignore it.
Both are on a 12/12 cycle, so they don't cause any/much problem during the day, and they all turn off by 6pm.

Both enclosures are front-only access; sides & backs are solid. We don't care much about any light reflecting up from the cham enclosure; it provides a small amount of ambient light in the room.
The slats contain the light from front & back; if it were a problem, I'd probably tape some cardboard to the sides of the fixtures to stop light in those directions.

Whatever shines out the fronts of the enclosures shines out the fronts of the enclosures.
Both are placed in their respective rooms such that it's not a problem.

If it's a problem for you, I'd suggest some velcro around the top of the frame, and hanging blackout fabric from that. Be sure not to obstruct the ventilation too much. ;)

Back
Top Bottom