quick color question

Phoenixguy77

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled Male maybe 4-5 months old
Handling - Maybe 3 times a week to do a heath inspection and to take him out side for some sun
Feeding - mostly Crix but I Give him some wax worms every now and again but not too often
Supplements - Reptical with vitd M,W,F reptical without D3 Tu, Th, and the multi vit on Sundays
Watering - Misting regularly 4-5 times a day and Ice cubes in a plastic cup with a pin hole in it when I have to leave for more than 6 hours
Fecal Description - Big and solid with good urates
History - I recently caught him eating dirt from his tree pot. He had moved one of the rocks out of the way

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen 2'x2'x4' screen cage from LLL
Lighting - I have a 24" exoterra 5.0 Uvb bulb and 2 60 watt clear bulbs for basking
Temperature - basking is stays between 85-90 and night time temps around 75
Humidity - humidity stays around 50-60%
Plants - umbrella plant in the bottom, with wooden dowels, "jungle vine", and fake plant vine
Placement - In my bedroom top of the cage is approx 7'6" and I do have a ceiling fan in my room
Location - Phoenix AZ

Current Problem - Ive been starting to get concerned about his coloring, latley he has been showing alot of browns and even at night hes not the pure lime green he used to be as he sleeps. Ill post a pic of what he looks like when hes sleeping, and one of him when hes just running around the cage. Also I've noticed that a few of his nails seem to be bent outa shape alil bit.
100_1561.jpg

100_1546.jpg

100_1570.jpg

I think your supplementing schedule can do some tweeking, if you are taking him outside you dont need to give him too much calcium with d3, you should use the one without d3 more, and i think vitamins should only be used twice a month once a week is a little much. Oversupplementing can be bad ive heard so try to cut back a bit on the d3 to like once a week and the vitamins to about twice a month, and have a couple of days during the month with no supplements used :)

Back
Top Bottom