Question

reflections?

i think chams probably view a mirror image as another cham, so it stands to reason, that its likely to induce any # of territorial displays, but the cham is likely to view it as a stressful encounter, so i wouldnt have any mirrors in the cage area or make a habit out of showing her, her reflection. sure, there are exceptions, but as a general rule, most chams arent all that fond of other chams in their space.

i think chams probably view a mirror image as another cham, so it stands to reason, that its likely to induce any # of territorial displays, but the cham is likely to view it as a stressful encounter, so i wouldnt have any mirrors in the cage area or make a habit out of showing her, her reflection. sure, there are exceptions, but as a general rule, most chams arent all that fond of other chams in their space.

i know he/she doesn't have a mirror anywhere near his/her free range i just want to know if a female would because i know Apollo does and if females don't then he definitely is a male

Female chameleons do puff up, but nothing like males. Females will put their chins out, as the most notable thing. A female will not display the rainbow colors like a male will.

Female chameleons do puff up, but nothing like males. Females will put their chins out, as the most notable thing. A female will not display the rainbow colors like a male will.

Apollo shows crimson/dark purple bars (hes young and if male a late bloomer so hes only tan and orange) would this indicate he is male?

Apollo shows crimson/dark purple bars (hes young and if male a late bloomer so hes only tan and orange) would this indicate he is male?

How young is young? If you can get a picture that gives a good look at where his tail starts a lot of this group can determine his/her sex for you. Where did you get the chameleon and did they offer a determination on the sex? We always like pictures, for any reason or for no reason.:)

How young is young? If you can get a picture that gives a good look at where his tail starts a lot of this group can determine his/her sex for you. Where did you get the chameleon and did they offer a determination on the sex? We always like pictures, for any reason or for no reason.:)

got Apollo from chameleons northwest. i went in my self to the shop and sandy and elliot said he was male but ive been second guessing that because of his color. i have posted a few other threads with pics if you will look at those as i don't have any pics but my profile pic saved. brad ramsley said he looks male but about 3 others said female.

Back
Top Bottom